Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC Released

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #248263 by krileon

Are the language strings missing or am I missing something?

No, they're not missing. You should find the strings for Timeago usage within the below file.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/language.php

You should find the below in the above file.
'TIMEAGO_SUFIX'	=>	'ago',
'TIMEAGO_FROM_NOW_SUFFIX'	=>	'from now',
'TIMEAGO_LESS_THAN_A_MINUTE'	=>	'less than a minute',
'TIMEAGO_ABOUT_A_MINUTE'	=>	'about a minute',
'TIMEAGO_N_MINUTES'	=>	'%d minutes',
'TIMEAGO_ABOUTE_ONE_HOUR'	=>	'about an hour',
'TIMEAGO_ABOUT_N_HOURS'	=>	'about %d hours',
'TIMEAGO_A_DAY'	=>	'a day',
'TIMEAGO_N_DAYS'	=>	'%d days',
'TIMEAGO_ABOUT_A_MONTH'	=>	'about a month',
'TIMEAGO_N_MONTHS'	=>	'%d months',

If you're using CB Activity though it's loading its own Timeago jQuery plugin which will probably change the global strings for the Timeago usage.

Not sure if this is a bug or simply not allowed. I cannot add fields to the "Articles" tab. I wanted to insert a custom HTML field to appear above or below the list of articles, but this does not seem possible. Once the field is added to the "Articles" tab it no longer appears in the field list. I had to change the ID in my database in order to see my field in the field list.

Plugin tabs do not allow fields to be placed on them as it'd break their HTML output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #248265 by martinmg

No, they're not missing. You should find the strings for Timeago usage within the below file.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/language.php

You should find the below in the above file.

'TIMEAGO_SUFIX'	=>	'ago',
'TIMEAGO_FROM_NOW_SUFFIX'	=>	'from now',
'TIMEAGO_LESS_THAN_A_MINUTE'	=>	'less than a minute',
'TIMEAGO_ABOUT_A_MINUTE'	=>	'about a minute',
'TIMEAGO_N_MINUTES'	=>	'%d minutes',
'TIMEAGO_ABOUTE_ONE_HOUR'	=>	'about an hour',
'TIMEAGO_ABOUT_N_HOURS'	=>	'about %d hours',
'TIMEAGO_A_DAY'	=>	'a day',
'TIMEAGO_N_DAYS'	=>	'%d days',
'TIMEAGO_ABOUT_A_MONTH'	=>	'about a month',
'TIMEAGO_N_MONTHS'	=>	'%d months',

I do find the strings you quoted, but I still cannot find "years" (%d years?) and not the strings for:

- Sitename has xxxx registered members
- "Search Users"
- "Find Users"
(At a users list (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&Itemid=xxx)

I'm not using CB Activity.

9 years 7 months ago #248274 by michaedt
Perhaps I have misinterpreted the function of the "custom html" field. So I'll put it another way. Is there a way in CB 2.0+ to add a tab menu with custom html (static content that will appear on every profile automatically as part of a separate tab menu)?

9 years 7 months ago #248288 by Madan
Hello people! Hej Martin!

I searched the CB files and found the following strings. Hope this will help you with the translation Martin

com_comprofiler\plugin\templates\default\default.php

'SITENAME_HAS_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS' => '[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% registered member|[SITENAME] has %%TOTAL%% registered members'

com_comprofiler\plugin\language\default_language\default_language.php

'_UE_SEARCH_USERS' => 'Search Users'

com_comprofiler\plugin\language\default_language\default_language.php

'_UE_FIND_USERS' => 'Find Users'

Take care folks!

/Daniel

9 years 7 months ago #248293 by krileon

I do find the strings you quoted, but I still cannot find "years" (%d years?) and not the strings for:

Ah, looks like it's missing and not being sent to timeago. Have fixed for next release.

Perhaps I have misinterpreted the function of the "custom html" field. So I'll put it another way. Is there a way in CB 2.0+ to add a tab menu with custom html (static content that will appear on every profile automatically as part of a separate tab menu)?

Tab Menu? You want custom html to activate tabs? Please be more specific as don't understand your request. The "Custom HTML" field just outputs your substitution supported HTML. It's the delimiter field renamed. The content will be visible on every user profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michaedt

9 years 7 months ago #248294 by michaedt
Strange. I must have had it configured wrong because now its working. Sorry for the confusion. I can only assume that I had it pointing to the wrong tab. In any event, yes, it functions like the old delimiter, which is exactly what I was hoping.
Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn