Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC3 Released

9 years 7 months ago #249485 by Madan

krileon wrote:
The Coolness template probably has CB specific CSS in it, which is conflicting. There's really no fixing that. All our current plugins (templates included) are incompatible with CB 2.0 as the entire HTML structure and CSS for CB 2.0 has been replaced. Switch to default Joomla template and default CB template to see if issues persist.

Firstly; thanks to Nant and Krileon for quick replies!

Should I interpret your answer as I can forget using Coolness with CB2.0 altogether? I there any way to fix the problems or will you release an update to the template in the near future? Please bear with me; I really don't want to use another template! By the way; CB2.0 RC3 profile view works perfectly with default Joomla template.

/Daniel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #249498 by krileon

Madan wrote: Firstly; thanks to Nant and Krileon for quick replies!

Should I interpret your answer as I can forget using Coolness with CB2.0 altogether? I there any way to fix the problems or will you release an update to the template in the near future? Please bear with me; I really don't want to use another template! By the way; CB2.0 RC3 profile view works perfectly with default Joomla template.

/Daniel

The templates won't be usable until they've been updated. CB 2.0 has a lot of CSS and HTML changes that those templates aren't compatible with. We're working on upgrading our plugins as we speak. As is I've 4 upgraded already (CB Core Fields Ajax, CB Invites, CB Query Field, and CB Progress Field) that will be available after or same time as CB 2.0 Stable release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 7 months ago #249521 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic Next Generation Community Builder 2.0 RC3 Released
Hi, congrats for the new Beta.

What about the compatibility between CB 2.0 Stable and CBSubs, GroupJive and all the other plugins?

9 years 7 months ago #249528 by nant

crealiagroup wrote: Hi, congrats for the new Beta.

What about the compatibility between CB 2.0 Stable and CBSubs, GroupJive and all the other plugins?

From announcement this thread is discussing:

During this testing period we will be working on preparing new CB plugin releases for our existing add-ons (CBSubs, CB Activity, CB Auto Actions, CB Connect, etc.) and releasing them when CB 2.0 stable is released.

The following user(s) said Thank You: crealiagroup

9 years 7 months ago #249545 by krileon

Working on them. The below plugins have their CB 2.0 upgrades complete as of today.

CB Invites
CB Progress Field
CB Query Field
CB Google Translate
CB Reconfirm Email
CB Template Changer
CB Gravatar Field
CB Core Fields Ajax

I will be completing more in the coming days. The major plugins will be last due to them taking more time (roughly 3-4 days per major plugin). Beat has already been focusing on and fixing CBSubs compatibility issues with CB 2.0. I will have GJ upgraded absolutely last as it was mid-major release when CB 2.0 development really kicked off so it has some work to get to a stable state again.

I believe at this rate there's only a few other small plugins to upgrade and will then begin upgrading of the major plugins (CB Conditional, CB Auto Actions, CB Connect, etc..) next week. All of the above have had their API calls upgraded, backends replaced with XML, some new features (if they had pending tickets), some bug fixes (if they had pending tickets), and performance improvements (better API usage helps a lot here).

Please note some plugins have had features removed that you may want to be aware of. They are as follows.

CB Progress Field
- Field value checking on login is removed
- - Reason: Too buggy and inaccurate

CB Core Fields Ajax
- Field ajax on userlists is removed
- - Reason: IDs can not be duplicated; this caused userlist HTML to become invalid and break any field jQuery that depended on those IDs (image fields, date fields, etc...).. so this can't really function at this time

The below features from future plugins are also removed.

CB Conditional
- Step by Step is removed
- - Reason: It's built into CB 2.0 properly.. so is redundant to have in this plugin

Now for the new features they are as follows.

CB Invites
- Multi-Invite: Send multiple invites in 1 submit
- From Name/Address Override: Instead of using users name and email you can set a system one (users will be used for Reply To)

CB Query Field
- Core select field options can be added in addition to the ones added by the query

CB Reconfirm Email
- You can now cancel an email change which will invalidate the confirmation code
- Full backend management so admins can monitor email changes

CB Gravatar Field
- Has same styling features as Image field now (so can have rounded gravatar images, etc..)

There's a few more minor features in the various plugins, but for the most part they're compatibility upgrades. All their forge tickets are being cleared during their upgrades as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 7 months ago #249546 by nant

krileon wrote:

Working on them. The below plugins have their CB 2.0 upgrades complete as of today.

CB Invites
CB Progress Field
CB Query Field
CB Google Translate
CB Reconfirm Email
CB Template Changer
CB Gravatar Field
CB Core Fields Ajax

In addition we have updated our transifex area:

www.transifex.com/organization/joomlapolis

CB project has updated resources for CB 2.0.
New projects have been created for all the CB 2.0 plugins Kyle has made CB 2.0 compatible.

... but guys ... I see very little testing ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn