[Solved] Strange Behavious French RC3

12 years 11 months ago #79723 by scubabyss
[Solved] Strange Behavious French RC3 was created by scubabyss
My site is working with Joomla 1.0.15. After upgrade to CB 1.2 RC I noticed some strange behaviour of CB.
On backend accents are not displayed properly. I modified with html code ´ etc. Nothing is displayed properly. I have just suppressed accents on backend it's better to read French without accents than to have fancy characters displayed.

Concerning messages sent to users, I have not discovered which rule should be applied. Shall text be written with é or equivalent depending of the accent or with é? Handling accent is always complicated.

I also have, displayed on front end an strange "" in the login area. I do not mind writing incorrect text by ignoring accent in some case,(This is the price to pay using product developed on English language first) but there I do not know how comes this "" is displayed.
Can anyone make a tutorial on language and coding management ?
Have anyone being in front of accent management ? English is one on the rare languages without any accent, this case cannot be exceptional.

Post edited by: scubabyss, at: 2008/11/25 08:45

Post edited by: scubabyss, at: 2008/12/08 09:30

Post edited by: scubabyss, at: 2008/12/27 09:22
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #80548 by so23
Replied by so23 on topic Re:Strange Behavious French RC3
I also have a same problem.
Nobody don't have solution?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #82491 by 100FA100
Replied by 100FA100 on topic Re:Strange Behavious French RC3
Hi
I have the same problem and after searching the net i found the problem.

It's TAG BOM due to UTF-8 file in txt, php, ...
May be you have to read this http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-utf8-bom and after test with this http://people.w3.org/rishida/utils/bomtester/ .
Finaly to remove that BOM you need this 9k software because with dreamweaver it don't work.
http://hidalgoemmanuel.info/csharp-net/supprimer-les-tag-bom-dans-fichier-utf-8.html

Hope i helped you i sorry for the english.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #82539 by scubabyss
Replied by scubabyss on topic Re:Strange Behavious French RC3
Thank a lot for the clue. The fancy characters disappeared.What is strange is such behavior did not occur with Joomla 1.5 with same CB files.
As far as accent management are concerned, no change. It is rather difficult to know where and why sentences should be writen "é" and other "é" in the same file to be displayed properly.
I have noticed different behavior depending on email-response message (é is OK), backend information (Some time é is OK, sometime not-OK) and FrontEnd
I am going to check further.
By the way, I am using notepad+ http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/fr/site.htm for file conversion from ANSI, UTF-8 and UT8-8 without BOM etc...

Kind Regards and thanks again

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn