too many friends

15 years 4 months ago #80102 by ghog
too many friends was created by ghog
I have noticed that the more connections I make the longer it is taking to load the connections page. Currently it is taking about 45seconds to load the 'You have new connections' page, and about 20 seconds after selecting the update link on the 'Manage Actions' page.
There is about 250 connections for this associated profile. Has anyone else experienced this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #80113 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:too many friends
Trying to reproduce and understand.

What are your general connections settings in CB configuration -> connections ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #80152 by ghog
Replied by ghog on topic Re:too many friends
By connections I mean other user connections, like friends. 'Request connection etc. So I have about 250 connections with other user profiles. If a new user then requests to connect with me I receive a notification.
It is this notification link generated by Uddiem notifier that takes 45 secs to load.

Connection setting preview attached.
Attachments:

15 years 4 months ago #80713 by ghog
hi Beat, were you able to replicate this?

15 years 3 months ago #81060 by ghog
this seems to be a downside to CB that will restrict communities from getting very large. I now have about 40 more connections and it is taking over a minute to load the new connections page.

15 years 3 months ago #81062 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:too many friends
I'm not able to replicate this, but it's likely a hosting issue. Too much strain on your database.

The limit is set to 500 by default, but you can edit this and see if that'll help resolve some of the issues.

[code:1]/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php[/code:1]

Is the file you need and you need to find:
(Approx. 4290):
[code:1]function getPendingConnections( $userid, $offset = 0, $limit = 500 ) {[/code:1]

(Approx. 4304):
[code:1]function getActiveConnections( $userid, $offset = 0, $limit = 500 ) {[/code:1]

(Approx. 4319):
[code:1]function getConnectedToMe( $userid, $offset = 0, $limit = 500 ) {[/code:1]

Change all their limits from 500 to say 100. This will reduce the amount of connections visible, but only on a single page. So it should have no negative effects anywhere.

Let me know how it goes. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds