CB Privacy Plugin Preview

15 years 3 months ago #85579 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
Yes, that's possible in the nearby release. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #85588 by NuMoon
Replied by NuMoon on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
beat wrote:

Yes, that's possible in the nearby release. :)

Hi Beat,

A big fan of CB here! I know we are looking at 'nearby', or 'soon' in terms of release, but I am waiting to port my site accross to 1.5.9 (from J.1.0x). Are we talking weeks? I have APC but it doesn't work quite right on my existing site and I had to hack at CB a bit to get it working (hence my preference to wait for this CB based option). If we are waiting for a while yet for the CB privacy plug I may well go ahead with trying APC until (the better option) of the CB plug is out.

I know it is a hassle with everyone asking when, but I am not pushing for immediate release or anything, just wanted to work around the timescale as best as I can. Can you say if it is 'hours', 'days', 'weeks' or 'months' perhaps?

Best wishes (and congrats on your now world famous conference appearance!),

NuMoon

15 years 3 months ago #85607 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
Thanks. :)
Won't be "weeks" anymore. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #85616 by NuMoon
Replied by NuMoon on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
Ok, great I think I will hold on then.

Thanks for your prompt response! :cheer: I look forward to putting this baby into action!

Best wishes,

NuMoon

15 years 3 months ago #85936 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
beat wrote:

Thanks. :)
Won't be "weeks" anymore. ;)

Beat, I know you realize we are all waiting impatiently and we have no right to be irritated by the fact that it's past the end of 2008 and all of the releases you said you would put out (announced at the Joomla Day in Switzerland) by the end of 2008 have not appeared yet. I think the key is communication. I think there needs to be announcements. We all want the final CB 1.2 stable release (none of this RC stuff) and the privacy plugin and all of the other extensions that are compatible with CB 1.2 to be clearly grouped together. I have held off from using CB 1.2 and any of the CB extensions until this has happened. It's not to say I haven't installed and tested. But, I want the final releases here before I use it in a live site that will go forward with the software. Thank you for all of your work. You and Nant are so talented. We are depending on you! :-)

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 3 months ago #86529 by trlbldr
Replied by trlbldr on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
Is there any news about the projected release date of this plug-in?

Cheers.

Don White

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds