CB Privacy Plugin Preview

15 years 3 weeks ago #92435 by NuMoon
Replied by NuMoon on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
beat wrote:

So for now, only an option for "Admin-only set rule for tab, non-overridable by user" could be implemented without affecting efficiency, imho.

That is what I was hoping for really :), I don't really want my users to have control over the privacy, just for only connections to see most of the profile information of the other users.

In regards to your points;

AA - I didn't mean that the privacy might have affected the backend (in fact I meant the 'front end' editing bit). I mean rather, tabs that generally do not have an edit tab when you go to update your profile, how can the user set these? I couldn't find a way to do it and therefore to set the tabs without entering into the database. It is possible that I don't know what I am doing though :unsure: and that there is something I am missing.

BB - Blanket rule sounds great! Over ride by user, not needed for me in such an instance but if they could set their own OR blanket rule set in the administrator area would be cool.

CC - Ok sure, just thought that might be simpler than doing all the tabs (but then I am no coder ;))

Thanks Beat (give my thanks to the rest of the team),

Best,

NuMoon

Post edited by: NuMoon, at: 2009/03/23 00:56

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 weeks ago #92436 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
ok, will see if we can squeeze that feature which makes sense into a RC2. But we got some other exciting stuff to release first ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 weeks ago #92651 by NuMoon
Replied by NuMoon on topic Re:CB Privacy Plugin Preview
In case there is anyone who wants this functionality now and is impatient to wait for the properly coded version, i have managed with a small edit to create blanket rules for tabs using the privacy plugin.

There are two pretty simple stages;

First (or second, order doesn't mnatter) it requires entering into the database (unless you know how to set tabs without doing this, not all have edit tabs). Just enter into the #_comprofiler_privacy table a rule for each of the tabs you want (you need their id numbers) for instance;

userid = 9999
type = tab
xid = 44
Rule = 2
params = *leave blank*

Where 9999 is the user id number we are using

tab is the type of rule (i assume there is also field option here but don't need it myself)

xid is the tab id number

Rule 2 is the one for friends/connections only.

You will need to make one rule for each tab changing only the xid field to reflect each tab you want hidden.

Secondly, you need to make a minor edit in the cb.privacy.php file (in the usual place ;)), and adjust the line (which is number 56 on my machine);

[code:1]$uid = (int) $user->id;[/code:1]

to reflect the rule that we just made for our ficticious (or not) 9999 character;

[code:1]$uid = 9999;[/code:1]

Then, well nothing, that is all!

it works great and evry tab I assigned is now only visible to connections on my site (which is just what I wanted!).

Many thanks for this Beat, Nant and the team!

[of course back up everything, even though it is a minor edit]

best to all,

NuMoon

[EDIT] - on further inspection, due to technically 'all users' being user 9999 according to the privacy plugin in this hack, it means that any user saving a setting would over ride the entry we inserted. So in my version I have commented out all those lines that are part of the 'delete' and 'save' functions (delete wipes the entry for that user in the event of null entry and save updating over the entry i think by my (poor) reading of the code. I have attached this file if anyone wants it (will be pointless when the newer version is released by the team, but I want this functionality now as I have waited for this since my first joomla).

Attachment cb-9e6d5bc7d1656f05d215af534c39f3ee.zip not found

Post edited by: NuMoon, at: 2009/03/24 23:21
Attachments:

15 years 3 weeks ago #92717 by flopez
Hi there, thanks for this hack, this will offer flexibility and in my case I will leave the user to override the rule.

I would also suggest the following:

- To have the possibility to hide Tab content when user is not a connection, BUT the Tab remain displayed giving the user the hint that there is information on a TAB that he/she can only see if the user connect with you. "Locked Tabs" feature would be great. In terms of design, the user can display instead of the Tab content a custom message ( maybe with a nice Lock icon) indicating that the content is only visible for instance to connections. ;)

Hope this make sence for some of you, but some users may not want to share valuable TAB information, instead motivate teh othe users to connect with them to SEE the content of "Locked Tabs"

FLN

15 years 3 weeks ago #92718 by flopez
Replied by flopez on topic Privacy at Userid level - Future Feature?
Hi friends,

I have the following scenario:

1. I do work with customers and suppliers. Sometimes suppliers need to submit in there CB profile client references to customers that are displayed in Tabs.

2. Not all customers shall see those client references, but only the users (userid/name) that I have granted acces to the Field or TAB in question.

If this is not a feature yet, that is on my wishlist and hope it is also useful for others. :)

FLN.

15 years 3 weeks ago #92723 by nant
flopez wrote:

Hi friends,

I have the following scenario:

1. I do work with customers and suppliers. Sometimes suppliers need to submit in there CB profile client references to customers that are displayed in Tabs.

2. Not all customers shall see those client references, but only the users (userid/name) that I have granted acces to the Field or TAB in question.

If this is not a feature yet, that is on my wishlist and hope it is also useful for others. :)

FLN.

Should be supported in the CBSUBS system to be released soon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds