Search Function Not finding users

15 years 2 months ago #84761 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
nightlrd wrote:

Is there a plugin or another option to this as I find our regular users are not going to think in the logical way of including both the first and last name or might just know only one or the other. Can simple search be "fixed" to do partial queries like as one of the other posters mentioned, it used to in an older version?

Simple search didn't exist in an older version. Change your list to use advanced search.

You could edit the code I suppose to get it do as you desire though I'm sure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #94648 by kilil
Replied by kilil on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
thank you krileon.

Indeed making the change in the list configuration to advanced search solved it.

14 years 11 months ago #96294 by ideamarket
Replied by ideamarket on topic Re:Search Function Not finding users
Advanced search still doesn't address the partial search problem for me. If I'm searching on city and can't remember if I need Newark or New York - I have to do two separate complete searches; a search for "new" will bring up nothing.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn