#142 Session expired... enable cookies.

15 years 4 months ago #82233 by elaperriere
#142 Session expired... enable cookies. was created by elaperriere
Hello everyone,

I did a fresh install of joomla with cb1.2 rc4. Everything seems to be ok, except for the registration. I disabled the Joomla login and enabled the CB Login.

When I try to register a new user I get this:

"Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in."

Now, I check the forums and found a few things concerning this but nothing as helped. The "plugin.foundation.php" fix that was suggest doesn't apply on RC4.

Can anyone help quickly? I am lost here!

Thank you very much.
-el

MOD EDIT: added #142 to subject, waiting on confirmations to clarify subject

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/12/18 00:51

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #82385 by bid
Replied by bid on topic Re:Session expired... enable cookies.
WTF? I had the same problem with the latest CB (rc4) and Joomla 1.5.8 during the last 10+ tests (and was about to write an angry forum-post ;) ).

Now I deleted ALL cookies from that domain, tested again and the problem was gone.

That's kinda good, but on the other hand it's harder to track a bug that isn't consistent - and I don't plan to write "If it doesn't work, delete your cookies" on my registration page...

Let's see if I can reproduce it again somehow.

15 years 4 months ago #82386 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Session expired... enable cookies.
Yes, please, let us known if it happens again.

It could be left-over cookies from previous release, which can't be overriden as they apply to a more general domain (e.g. without the www. in front) maybe, due to previous settings.

Try playing with www. and non-www. domains today, then in 2-3 days try again, keeping browser open. It's how the bug affected the previous version.

nota-bene: there is still a bug in joomla regarding this, but for login-sessions. And that doesn't really affect joomla users staying on same domain.

Anyway, subscribing to this thread to know any further findings.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 4 months ago #82387 by elaperriere
Replied by elaperriere on topic Re:Session expired... enable cookies.
Hello again,

Well, as some of you mentioned something about "WWW", I went ahead and tried it on my actual domain. The login is working properly now.

Here is what I think since my test server is local and doesn't have "WWW", I use 192.168.0.10 for the server. I believe it has something to do with that. the "WWW" is probably hard coded and forced into the cookies or something. So if you are on a webserver that has a domain you should be fine but if you are on a local server, let say Wamp or Xamp, you wont be able to login or register sometimes.

Let me know if what I am saying is true or if I am way off track on this.

Thanks.

15 years 4 months ago #82388 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Session expired... enable cookies.
nope, it's way more subtile than that.

www is not hardcoded, but CB RC4's cookie management try to adapt to mismatches between live_site settings and current url as well as they can.

All those cases are imho now treated correctly.

Only case which can't be dealt with are buggy cookies remaining from previous builds on wierdly setup domains.

So now that cookies are cleaned, i believe all should be well.

Please let us know if you are able to reproduce after your cookies cleanup. :)

I'm considering this bug as being part of the past, hopefully.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 3 months ago #82657 by mtk
Replied by mtk on topic Re:Session expired... enable cookies.
I did some testings (on 3 different locations).

with SEF, without SEF, IE6, IE7, FF2, FF3, different computers, cleaning cookies...

conclusion:
this session issue occurs on CB1.2 with SEF (even Joomla's SEF).
no matter the computer, domain, subdomain, browser, OS, IP, any many other variables.

without SEF the session problem does not occur.

this was last tested with all new CB1.2 RC4 component & module.
(on both a fresh installation & an upgrade from a previous RC)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn