Can a list be placed in a Tab?

15 years 3 months ago #84147 by grwestby
Can a list be placed in a Tab? was created by grwestby
Lists are a powerful way for a manager to check users update status, Is it possible to create a tab that will house a list to help keep things organized?

Thank you in advance.

Lunamuse Technology, Inc.
Lunamuse.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #84173 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can a list be placed in a Tab?
Try creating a new plugin and have it display the list in an iframe or even simply create a new plugin to display what you need it to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #84191 by grwestby
Replied by grwestby on topic Re:Can a list be placed in a Tab?
krileon,
Thank you for your immediate response. I have read some of your past posts and felt that was probably going to be the direction I needed to head. I steered away due to my lack of coding experience. Is the "Version 1.0 RC2 Plugin Framework API" the best tutorial for learning how to design a plugin?

Lunamuse.com

15 years 3 months ago #84200 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can a list be placed in a Tab?
grwestby wrote:

krileon,
Thank you for your immediate response. I have read some of your past posts and felt that was probably going to be the direction I needed to head. I steered away due to my lack of coding experience. Is the "Version 1.0 RC2 Plugin Framework API" the best tutorial for learning how to design a plugin?

For the time being, yes.

I'd suggest looking at many other plugins to get a good idea of the direct you want to go. Creating an objectlist query then creating the format for the display in HTML would work perfectly for what you're wanting. Review other plugins which use this method (forum, blogs, almost every plugin) and you'll have what you need in no time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #84208 by grwestby
Replied by grwestby on topic Re:Can a list be placed in a Tab?
Thank you once again. I will tell you how it goes.
Cheers

Lunamuse.com

15 years 3 weeks ago #93656 by RebelFlicks
Replied by RebelFlicks on topic Re:Can a list be placed in a Tab?
I'm no expert, but I made a list, turned on debug in Control Panel, and copied the query.

I copied the query in ARI Soft TabView and it works.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn