Membership cards (including profile picture)

14 years 1 month ago #124724 by creativedynamo
Membership cards (including profile picture) was created by creativedynamo
Hi,

I've done some searching in the JED and here in Joomlapolis regarding how to export some fields in a given username (including a profile picture) for the purpose of making a membership/player card. The only thing I see related to this is something posted awhile back .

Can anyone provide some input, even if it's directing me to a module/plug-in that I've missed? I'm surprised something like this hasn't been created yet (so am hoping that it has and maybe I'm just missing it?).

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #124827 by creativedynamo
Replied by creativedynamo on topic Re:Membership cards (including profile picture)
Well I've managed to setup an ODBC connection to basically grab all Joomla data from the MySQL backend, but which tables are the profile pictures stored in? Can anyone tell me?

Cheers!

-cd

14 years 1 month ago #124890 by creativedynamo
Replied by creativedynamo on topic Re:Membership cards (including profile picture)
Update: I've found that jos_comprofiler has a column called avatar which either has NULL for a value or Joomla/CB-generated file name for the JPG/PNG file being used for the avatar.

So far no evidence of the actual files. Does seeing the filename in this column mean that the actual files aren't being stored in the mysql backend and that they're actually just sitting in a directory somewhere on their own?

If so, this would make my task more difficult. I've got a trial version of Asure ID Express (from HID) which can sync up fields I put on a member/player card templte to a db via an ODBC connection. If it were 20 or 30 members I'd manually do it, but I'll end up with hundreds so it's really in my best interest to get this info pre-populated via the ODBC.

Any ideas/help out there?

Thanks in advance,

-cd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn