New user notification by email

18 years 4 months ago #1945 by mambocbash
New user notification by email was created by mambocbash
I am using this wonderful community builder and building a site for a close community which has about 150 members.

My question is - When a new user registers on the site and is approved, is it possible to send an auto email to all the registered members ?

Can somebody guide.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: avijit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #1951 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:New user notification by email
This is one of the many features that I think makes CB so powerful.

There are 2 main options in the registration process that you can either turn on or off. The first is:

Require Email Confirmation - Set yes to send an email to users upon registration with a confirmation link. The second is:

Require Admin Approval - Require all user registrations to be approved by an administrator

I have both of those set to yes. What that does from the user end is that once they have filled in the registration info (you have complete control over what fields are shown and which fields are required) they are informed that an email will be sent and that they have to respond. You have the ability to edit the contents of that email. After they click on that confirmation link you are notified of pending actions that require your attention. This notification is through either or a workflow notification module on the front page and email

Once you go to the pending actions page it will show you all of the pending actions including pending registration approval and pending picture/avatar approval. You then have the ability to review all registration content and can either approve or disapprove. If you disapprove you also have the ability to state why you are disapproving their application which will be included in an email sent to the user. If you approve their registration the system will notify them by email (again this email content is controlled by you). This is where the auto email that you refer to would hav the content that you would like to include.

Every aspect of the registration process is under your total control. You also have the ability to add info/instructions in plain text or html into the header or footer of the registration page.

There are so many aspects of CB that I could spend days on. I also run a closed group and let me say that for the purposes of controlling and communicating with a closed group this is the answer that you are looking for. If you have any other questions regarding the workflow process or how this will integrate with your needs please let me know.

Post edited by: rick, at: 2005/12/12 18:42

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 4 months ago #1954 by mambocbash
Replied by mambocbash on topic Re:New user notification by email
Hi Rick
Firstly I would like to thank you for such a prompt and detailed reply.

Now to the question. I think that probably I have not clearly expressed my doubt. The query is like this that user has confirmed by clicking on email link for confirmation. Then the admin has approved the user and now he can log in and is listed in the community list.

At this point when the new user has been authorised to log in I want an email to be sent to all registered user giving information that a new user has been registered.

I think now I am slightly more clear.

And Rick thanks for the offer of help . I would certainly look you up for further help.

Thanks

18 years 4 months ago #1955 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:New user notification by email
Two ways to do this:

1) Write a plugin that captures the user registration events and mail have it mail to all other users. This should be like 20 lines of code at most.

2) Install mailman and create a user with the list as email. Then set this user to receive the mails that administrator gets. After this, install the mailman plugin to autosubscribe all memebers.

mikko

18 years 4 months ago #2111 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:New user notification by email
mambocbash,

Sorry for the missunderstanding, after rereading your question it was quite clear. I don't have any further suggestions over what mikko has already suggested.

Good luck,

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 4 months ago #2115 by mambocbash
Replied by mambocbash on topic Re:New user notification by email
Thanks rick

I have no knowledge of the php/sql code. I think I would put this as a feature request.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn