Confirmation link not working correctly

18 years 3 weeks ago #9292 by kewl132
Replied by kewl132 on topic Re:Confirmation link not working correctly
Hey the problem seems to be with the clients email program.
Some do this other do not

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 weeks ago #9305 by hyle
This may be the problem for some. but during my tests I used an email to myself and used the same client in both cases.

I use Thunderbird in case anyone wants to know.

When I was using Mambo the click through link didnt work. When I switched to Joomla it worked. There is something different between the two because it wasnt my email client.

Hyle

18 years 3 weeks ago #9308 by beat
kewl132 wrote:

Hey the problem seems to be with the clients email program.
Some do this other do not

Kewl123,
or anyone else,

Can you please precise exactly which email client have problem with CB&Joomla ?

And how ?

Is the link modified ?
Or not clickable ?

What do you exactly mean ?

It's the last bug i'm trying to catch before releasing build 2 to testteam...

Thanks a lot,
Beat

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 11 months ago #11279 by moneybagsxp
Replied by moneybagsxp on topic Confirmation link not working? SOLUTION!

Have we confirmed this email-client theory??? :dry:

We're using Joomla 1.0.7 and CB RC2... my email client is Thunderbird 1.5.0.2 / also tested via Comcast web-based mail.

Ok..this is odd, but very eye-opening.

1. Though we were asking for Activation first, I could still log in prior to activating. (I believe per auto-admin approval) Bug, or not? :dry:

2. So, I couldn't get the Activate link to work. So, I opted to completely disable Activation requirements, link STILL did not work.

3. I realized I was logged in, so I logged out (expiring my session), and for the hell of it thought I'd try the activation link a final time:

Voila! Your account is now active. You may now login!

Am i missing something here? :P

I went back and put my results to the test!

1. Auto approve on, activation required:

2. Fully logged out, registered as a new user.
(note: upon registration, am taken to a BLANK version of our homepage? weird.)

3. receive activation link

3a. before I click the link, I log into the site as a previously authorized user: (our admin account)

4. I click the authorize link

5. I'm taken to my community builder profile? LoL

6. I log out entirely of the admin account, but log in as the "to-be authorized" new user, and then try the link a 2nd time

6b. This is where we get the standard "cannot activate error"

7. I log out

8. Without being logged in whatsoever, I click a link a 3rd and final time, and it works just great ;)

Hope this helps!

Post edited by: moneybagsxp, at: 2006/04/30 01:54

www.pixelchutes.com - Where every pixel matters.

17 years 11 months ago #11296 by beat
moneybagsxp wrote:

Have we confirmed this email-client theory??? :dry:

We're using Joomla 1.0.7 and CB RC2... my email client is Thunderbird 1.5.0.2 / also tested via Comcast web-based mail.

Ok..this is odd, but very eye-opening.

1. Though we were asking for Activation first, I could still log in prior to activating. (I believe per auto-admin approval) Bug, or not? :dry:

2. So, I couldn't get the Activate link to work. So, I opted to completely disable Activation requirements, link STILL did not work.

3. I realized I was logged in, so I logged out (expiring my session), and for the hell of it thought I'd try the activation link a final time:

Voila! Your account is now active. You may now login!

Am i missing something here? :P

I went back and put my results to the test!

1. Auto approve on, activation required:

2. Fully logged out, registered as a new user.
(note: upon registration, am taken to a BLANK version of our homepage? weird.)

3. receive activation link

3a. before I click the link, I log into the site as a previously authorized user: (our admin account)

4. I click the authorize link

5. I'm taken to my community builder profile? LoL

6. I log out entirely of the admin account, but log in as the "to-be authorized" new user, and then try the link a 2nd time

6b. This is where we get the standard "cannot activate error"

7. I log out

8. Without being logged in whatsoever, I click a link a 3rd and final time, and it works just great ;)

Hope this helps!

Post edited by: moneybagsxp, at: 2006/04/30 01:54

A) Ok, yes, CB does not confirm email for people already logged in... and yes, it returns you to profile in that case.

This happens only for testers, right ?

Real people have (or should have) only one account, so confusing them when they try to get more might be ok. :D

So this is not an issue. Just a little confusing to testers. Will see if and what to do about it.

B) You were not using CB login module to login unactivated user, but joomla's. CB login module does not accept unconfirmed users.

In 1.0 stable, we additionally block the unconfirmed and/or unapproved accounts, so that even using the joomla/mambo login module, you can't login. So that issue is fixed.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 11 months ago #11317 by moneybagsxp
Replied by moneybagsxp on topic Re:Confirmation link not working? SOLUTION!
How long has 1.0 Stable been released? Is it compatible with SMF 1.1RC2 and Joomla 1.0.7?

www.pixelchutes.com - Where every pixel matters.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn