Create New Templates

11 years 1 month ago #222147 by thedailylama
Create New Templates was created by thedailylama
Hello, I am trying to create my own template for use with CB but would like to know the process involved. By this I don't mean that I need to know how to edit CSS etc, I just want to know how to create the template so that it shows up in the drop-down list of available templates.

I have copied the default template to a new directory and renamed the xml file within. I have also edited the aforementioned XML file to include details for my new template but it still doesn't show in the drop-down.

This leads me to believe each template must be installed perhaps? If so, does the template need to be packaged in a specific way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #223059 by res818
Replied by res818 on topic Create New Templates
Bump

11 years 4 weeks ago #223208 by res818
Replied by res818 on topic Create New Templates
I would also like this information.

11 years 4 weeks ago #223209 by thedailylama
Replied by thedailylama on topic Create New Templates
I managed to sort this by installing my template using the CB plugin management instead of the Joomla one.
Go to the PLugin Management tab, then click Install Plugin (Top) then upload your template zip file. Then make sure it's enabled/published. Your template should now appear in the drop-down list, provided you have edited your template files properly. Just check out one of the other templates to see what you need to do

Hope this helps

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn