Author Link in 1.15.11

14 years 10 months ago #102273 by trainermb
Author Link in 1.15.11 was created by trainermb
Many people, myself included, have been having the disconcerting experience of discovering that the "Author Link" function on articles got recoded on 1.15.11, breaking the function in many templates. Instead of the author name, you get a long <a href tag. I'm using MyCommunity and it broke in mine.

I spent the afternoon sifting through files and have gotten to the point of repairing the function on my home page and on articles accessed from the home page. However, if I access another article section (where I keep the "not ready for prime time" stuff, frankly) from Main Menu, the function is still borked.

My fix involves creating an html folder inside the MyCommunity template folder (if you don't have one already), the putting a com_content folder with override files inside the html folder.

The files are attached -- maybe someone who actually KNOWS php and Joomla can take this the final mile with an elegant solution, as opposed to my completely amateur ("huh ... what happens if you poke this?") efforts.

Attachment com_content.zip not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #102348 by trainermb
Replied by trainermb on topic Re:Author Link in 1.15.11
I beat on this some more -- these files are working for me on my site. Unzip and upload the whole com_content folder into your MyCommunity html folder. (You'll have to create that folder.)

Attachment unzip_com_content.zip not found

Attachments:

14 years 10 months ago #102777 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Author Link in 1.15.11
Thanks for sharing your working solution. B)

We'll report issue also to Joomla! team.

Best Regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.770 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn