Child subs with different usernames

12 years 5 months ago #182741 by parentled
Child subs with different usernames was created by parentled
In this description parent literally means mom or dad and child means one of their children not to be confused with parent and children plans which may be a part of the solution.

Is this scenario possible...? A parent pays for full access membership to my site and are then able to buy subscriptions for their kids which allow the children access only to a limited (kid friendly)section of the site.

The problem in this scenario is that each child subscription would need a unique username and profile.

Ideally using a cb list parents would have be able to see their kids wall post, messages ect. They should also be able to manage their children's subscriptions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182781 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Child subs with different usernames
Fully understand your demand and idea.

Members relations and corresponding rights are part of the Community Builder 2.0 development that is taking place, and I'm expecting them to solve this and many other use cases.

In the mean time, if you are using Joomla 1.7, I could imagine that using SQL queries integrations to add/remove groups from children when parents pay, and Joomla ACL groups for rights extensively, something basic suiting your needs could be achieved already with CB 1.7 and CBSubs 1.2.2.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: parentled

12 years 5 months ago #182962 by parentled
Replied by parentled on topic Re: Child subs with different usernames
How long is the wait for cb2.0?

12 years 4 months ago #183765 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Child subs with different usernames
I'm sure you expected this reply:
We are still working hard on it. It'll be ready when it's ready :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn