New Bug With plans

14 years 10 months ago #101539 by drophit
New Bug With plans was created by drophit
OK setup a plan as shown below:

1. Workflows-Propose spontaneously plan at registration: NO
2. Workflows-Allow Registration: YES
3. Access: All Yes and public

Ok so now you have a plan that should only be accessable from a url.

GOOD

BUT - Now go to Integrations-Content and Select an option under Sections which access rights depend on this plan:

Now go to an article that falls under the Section you selected above. When you click the Click here to subscribe link you now see the plans that SHOULD be hidden as per the setup above.

Am i doing somthing wrong to really hide these plans or is this a bug?

Z

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #101577 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:New Bug With plans
The way you've set it is how it is intended to function, please review the info icon next to settings for more information. It will show the plan only when the are being accessed requires said plan.

"hide it unless specifically linked to specifically by the URL above or needed to access an item which got blocked by access control."

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/06/09 20:09

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #101593 by drophit
Replied by drophit on topic Re:New Bug With plans
Is there a way to not show the plan but still make it active via url? We have internal plans for users to get into the system at a discount, but we dont want them listed.

14 years 10 months ago #101608 by krileon
drophit wrote:

Is there a way to not show the plan but still make it active via url? We have internal plans for users to get into the system at a discount, but we dont want them listed.

I do not believe this is possible currently. A coupons system is planned for later release which will do what you're asking by providing users with coupons.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #101609 by drophit
Replied by drophit on topic Re:New Bug With plans
Aside from coupons, why would i be forced to show all plans that restrict access to the public??

This is just plain silly. What if i wanted a special plan that is for only special users, but i dont want the public to see it??

14 years 10 months ago #101648 by krileon
drophit wrote:

Aside from coupons, why would i be forced to show all plans that restrict access to the public??

This is just plain silly. What if i wanted a special plan that is for only special users, but i dont want the public to see it??

Then you set the plan to be viewable to special users only. You can set what ACL can see a plan.

Navigate to the plan of your choice. Select the tab Access and review the following options:
Allow access from site frontend:
Visible for Group (and above this group):

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn