Field Validation Bug when hiding certain fields

14 years 9 months ago #104151 by Phantom.Knight
Field Validation Bug when hiding certain fields was created by Phantom.Knight
I have created two plans and to be able to register two different groups in my form I hide certain fields according to each plan.

So if a user selects plan A then he/she sees certain form fields and if a user selects plan B he/she sees different form fields. And of course some of the form fields are required. So far so good.

But when I performed my first test, after selecting plan B CBSubs hides certain fields from the user as its expected, however the form validation still expects the user to fill in the invisable form fields, which are only visible to plan A

Has this happened to anyone else. If this is not fixed I can not use different plans with required form fields!!

Please advice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104165 by beat
It is a known feature not yet implemented, but documented as such, as we are finishing rewriting the CB field validation code.

Don't hide mandatory fields for now in CBSubs 1.0.1.

There are a few other threads also asking for this feature, and it's on plans to implement.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 9 months ago #104183 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:Field Validation Bug when hiding certain fields
Thanks for the quick reply. I think it is a very important fix. Because if I dont hide these fileds the form will look very stupid. It will contain fields from other subscription plan (two plans are for completely different type of people) hence the whole idea of having two subscription plans will have no meaning. And if I dont make some of those fields required, people will not fill in the important information. You see my dilema.

Please fix this problem soon. Because without this issue fixed I cant implement the subscription system.

14 years 9 months ago #104192 by nant
You could of course just make all hidden fields optional until fix is made.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn