Emails don't send the language translations

14 years 9 months ago #105936 by carlosleon0615
Replied by carlosleon0615 on topic Re:Emails don't send the language translations
Now the problem is that the emails are only sent in English (my default site language) but not in the language that the user selected in the front end.

Currently they can select: English, Spanish, French and am planning to also add German.

Is there a way to send the emails in the correct language?

Thanks,

Carlos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #105953 by krileon
Did you add the language strings to the e-mail and then to your language files?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #105970 by carlosleon0615
Replied by carlosleon0615 on topic Re:Emails don't send the language translations
Yes, this is what I have on each plan:

Integrations -> Email -> Activation Email
Subject: Email_Subject
Body: Email_Body

In each of my language files I defined the translation for both custom strings. For example:

(English) Email_Subject = Your subscription is now active
(Spanish) Email_Subject = Tu subscripción ha sido activada

(Same thing for other languages and for the Email_Body)

When the user in the fronted selects his/her language to be anything other than English, he/she still receives the email in English!

Example of the email sent:
Subject: Your subscription is now active
Body: The email body in English

Same thing happens with the "thank you" emails configured under Presentation -> Email on first activation.

Regards,

Carlos

14 years 9 months ago #105973 by krileon
Which language file are you placing your language strings in?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #105978 by carlosleon0615
English:
<JoomlaRoot>/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionsenglish/english.php

Spanish:
<JoomlaRoot>/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionsspanish/spanish.php

and so on.

The strings work correctly for messages in the site. For example, after a user subscribes, the "Thank You" message that appears on the website is in the correct language. However, the user gets the email only in English.

Regards,

Carlos

14 years 9 months ago #105992 by krileon
Will require further investigation. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn