Potential problem when deleting users

14 years 9 months ago #104764 by amazeika
Replied by amazeika on topic Re:Potential problem when deleting users

Sorry, I cannot replicate this.

When I specify in the docman cbsubs integration plugin that a user should be removed from a group upon end of subscription, the user is removed.

Nick, once again, end of subscription is not the problem, that works as it should.

All my point is regarding what happens when a user is deleted. I feel that it is incorrect that the remaining plugin actions do not trigger when this event occurs.

I'm trying to help here :) , I already know that I should not delete a user before deleting all of his subscriptions in order to do things right from my point of view.

If you believe that your way is the way, you earned that right ;) . I just told you this in case you didn't know about this behavior.

Arunas Mazeika
WeXtend.com - Professional development for Joomla!.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104799 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Potential problem when deleting users
amazeika wrote:

Sorry, I cannot replicate this.

When I specify in the docman cbsubs integration plugin that a user should be removed from a group upon end of subscription, the user is removed.

Nick, once again, end of subscription is not the problem, that works as it should.

All my point is regarding what happens when a user is deleted. I feel that it is incorrect that the remaining plugin actions do not trigger when this event occurs.

I'm trying to help here :) , I already know that I should not delete a user before deleting all of his subscriptions in order to do things right from my point of view.

If you believe that your way is the way, you earned that right ;) . I just told you this in case you didn't know about this behavior.

Ok, so CBSubs integration plugin works as designed.

Issue remains: what actions should really be performed by integration plugins if a CB User is maually deleted via the CB user management backend.

Your initial proposal is to treat such a manual user deletion activity as a subscription cancellation activity and thus fire all relevant cbsubs integration plugin functions.

Something to further investigate.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn