Error when rejecting (CONFIRMED-PATCHED)

15 years 10 months ago #209 by rick
I was just doing some testing with the registration process and found that if I reject an aplicant I get the following error:

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /home/mannanfo/public_html/joomla/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php on line 154

I am running:
Joomla 1.03
CB 1.0 RC2
on a Linux server

So far everything else looks good,

Post edited by: nant, at: 2005/12/17 09:54

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #217 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Error when rejecting
rick wrote:

I was just doing some testing with the registration process and found that if I reject an aplicant I get the following error:

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /home/mannanfo/public_html/joomla/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php on line 154

Yes, this is a bug !

Congratulations, you found the first bug of the released RC2 !

To the discharge of our test-team, it has been introduced very late (actually in the last team build 12) by improving other stuff...

You can correct it if you need by removing the "&" from line 1287 in that comprofiler.php file:
[code:1]
function rejectUser(&$uids) {
[/code:1]

Sorry about that,
Beat

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #219 by Machiel
Replied by Machiel on topic Re:Error when rejecting
Here you see even a huge testteam can mis bugs. Now it seems that it's only there in build 12. And we had only 3 hours to test that one ;) But even a testteam isn't perfect :P

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

15 years 10 months ago #229 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Error when rejecting
That's what I like - pride in what we do!
The test team did an excellent job - this is a minor bug that will of course be fixed in the next release.

Remember - no program is bugless - there are programs with bugs that surface after years of use.

15 years 10 months ago #237 by Machiel
Replied by Machiel on topic Re:Error when rejecting
No mistakes. Offcourse does the testteam an excellent job. We found a lot of bugs. But I was just trying to say you will always have small bugs in the system.

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

15 years 10 months ago #281 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Error when rejecting
Beat,

Thanks for the fix, it works great now.

Rick

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable