what version should I install

14 years 9 months ago #101067 by videoswr
what version should I install was created by videoswr
Hi,

I am new to CB, and I need to install it in a small community in portuguese language.

What version should I install 1.1, 1.2 or 1.2.1 ?
I could not also find a portuguese language pack to install, is it available for both versions? where?

thank you

Post edited by: videoswr, at: 2009/06/04 21:18

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #101070 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:what version should I install
Always latest version. They also had a recent annoucement that all 1.1 and 1.2 installations should be upgraded to 1.2.1

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 9 months ago #101076 by videoswr
Replied by videoswr on topic Re:what version should I install
That makes sense, but
-only 1.2 has "stable" on title.
-1.1 has "suite" title
...maybe theres a lot of guys like me confused.

Ok, I installed 1.2.1. and attempted to install a portuguese language plugin but only found a version for 1.2 RC4. I installed it anyway, on CB plugins, but cannot make it work.
When I try to disable CB plugin for english language I receive a message saiyn I must "uninstall it". When I attemp uninstall I receive error saying I must "disable".

Bottom line, how to translate 1.2.1 to portuguese?
thank you

Edit: Not easy but found it. Its on "directories" here www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,342/Itemid,55/

Post edited by: videoswr, at: 2009/06/05 04:45

13 years 7 months ago #140795 by guidonietmann
Replied by guidonietmann on topic Re:what version should I install
I installed the translation to portuguese and everything gonna white on chrome. then made the correction of the (') character meaned on the first message, and everything worked.

13 years 7 months ago #140822 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:what version should I install
Latest release is CB 1.2.3, please upgrade. We don't provide language plugins the community does. Some are more well done then others and some of errors/mistakes, so you may need to review them for non-escaped characters.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn