Users with mulpile email address

13 years 7 months ago #140851 by rpacdn
Users with mulpile email address was created by rpacdn
I like to allow Users to have more than one email address attached to each name. Is that possible. Reason being, my users often likes to have the Newsletters received to multiple email addresses (work, home, gmail etc). If I can allow them to manage all that information in just one profile that would be convenient. Perhaps I could ask them to assign one email address as their primary email address where all the confirmation email etc will be send.

Is that possible/advisable, what is the best way to handle this scenario?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #140939 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Users with mulpile email address
You can add more email addresses via Email fields, but emails will only be sent to their primary email address specified at registration. Emails that allow specifying a TO address however can support the additional emails such as CBSubs by way of substitutions such as [cb_email2].

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #140964 by rpacdn
Replied by rpacdn on topic Re:Users with mulpile email address
Thank you for the reply. But can you please expand on it a bit more. What do you mean by "Emails that allow specifying a TO address..." and "...substitutions such as [cb_mail2]..."?.

The situation here as I explained is how to handle multiple email address for the same person and have the emails sent to all those addresses.
Eg:
User1
Email1
Email2
Email3

User2
Email1
Email2
Email3

and so on... and be able to sent messages to all of those email addresses seperately.

The problem is that I don't think there is more than one Email field per user in the Community Bulider package.

13 years 6 months ago #140981 by krileon
This depends entirely on how you intend to use those emails. User Management "Mass Mailer" - No. The field itself? Yes, just make sure the other Email fields are displaying on profile and they'll be click-able either via link or Email form (depends on your CB configuration). All emails such as registration emails, etc.. can ONLY be sent to their primary address.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #140987 by rpacdn
Replied by rpacdn on topic Re:Users with mulpile email address
Sorry for my ignorance.

Okay, my intention is to be able to send the users Newsletters to ALL of theri email addresses using AcyMailing or some other Newsletter program.

I won't be use Mass Mailer, or if I use it, I am okay with not being to send it to all their email addresses.

I can have one of their email addresses as the primary one for them to recieve password rest information email etc.

But I don't see more than one Email field in the registration form. Will it work if I add, say 3 more fields in the form?

Still not clear how I can get the user to enter more than one email address in their profile.

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Thank you again for your time.

13 years 6 months ago #141030 by krileon

Okay, my intention is to be able to send the users Newsletters to ALL of theri email addresses using AcyMailing or some other Newsletter program.

Then no, you'll need some sort of integration to subscribe all their email addresses specified to a newsletter. You could actually use document subscriber incubator project CB Queries to do this on the triggers after registration and profile edit via database query.

But I don't see more than one Email field in the registration form. Will it work if I add, say 3 more fields in the form?

No, but you'll need to add extra email fields if you want to use the method I've specified above.

Still not clear how I can get the user to enter more than one email address in their profile.

Joomla Backend > Components > Community Builder > Field Management > New Field > Type > Email Address

You must add new email fields, but only the primary email address will receive emails. CB is not designed for multi-email usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn