CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1

14 years 8 months ago #106667 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1
I did have another captcha installed at one point; it was called "SecurityImages" and failed to stop spammers. I removed it but it left a parameter in my config file as you can see.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106691 by ThePiston
i just deleted the plugin and the tried to upload it again but got this error now:
Another plugin is already using directory: "/home/username/public_html/site.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/"

*edit* this was fixed by deleting folder and reinstalling

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/08/01 18:46

14 years 8 months ago #106697 by ThePiston
still not working - this is from the error log in the plugin's folder:
[code:1][01-Aug-2009 11:44:36] PHP Warning: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Access denied for user 'username'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/username/public_html/site.com/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.session.php on line 207[/code:1]why does it say I'm not using a password?

please help me through this or I'll have to ask for my money back. I'm using RokBridge which is connecting Joomla to phpBB, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I disabled the administrator folder password and that didn't help.

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/08/01 18:52

14 years 8 months ago #106698 by ThePiston
ok, I think I see the problem. The error says "username@localhost" but my actual username is "username_user". Is CB using some code to clean up the username and cutting off the underscore and remaining characters?

**edit** I hardcoded my real username in the cb.session.php file and still says "using pass? NO" what's up????

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/08/01 20:30

14 years 8 months ago #106723 by nant
ThePiston wrote:

ok, I think I see the problem. The error says "username@localhost" but my actual username is "username_user". Is CB using some code to clean up the username and cutting off the underscore and remaining characters?

**edit** I hardcoded my real username in the cb.session.php file and still says "using pass? NO" what's up????

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/08/01 20:30

Have you moved your config file?

14 years 8 months ago #106734 by ThePiston
nope. It's in the root with permissions of 444. The only thing that is different about the config file is that a parameter was added by another captcha component called SecurityImages. When I uninstalled that component, the config parameter that it added remained. It asks "use SecurityImages on Registration?". If all the cb plugin is doing is reading he config file, then it should be fine. I don't know why it's reading my config file and adding "username@localhost" when the real username is "username_user" with the underscore. Everything else works on my site and it all requires a working config file, so this is weird. I'm sure a lot of other users with this plugin use HostGator which is who I use. All of my other extensions utilize the config file perfectly. Think it has something to do with ths stripping of characters in my username?

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/08/02 14:17

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn