CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1

14 years 9 months ago #105511 by krileon
Session start is going to display if the session provided does not match.

Navigate to:
http://YOUSITE/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/captchaindex.php

Then confirm it is working or not. You should get:
invalid session

If this is working then it IS reaching its destination and the issue could actually be your hosts GD library not creating the images properly. Try upgrading to the very latest PHP to see if that'll resolve it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #105513 by CBZinger
Does not match what, exactly? I went to the link you provided and still get "Invalid Session". Why would that be? Why would they "not match" ?

I'm on the latest version of PHP5 and the GD Library does validate (in the Captcha Plugin, all lights were "green", so it must be an issue either with permissions (which I'm not convinced of yet), or there's something else with symbolic links that the plugin doesn't like. What is the exact path that the images/audio files are created in so I can check that out?

Post edited by: CBZinger, at: 2009/07/20 15:15

14 years 9 months ago #106425 by kenlyle
Mine works right out of the box...once I got the new version. I have a bad habit of keeping lots of old versions, and installed one of those first.

Thanks, guys!
Ken

14 years 8 months ago #106571 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1
I just paid $36 just to get this plugin and the image does not show. I have freetype enabled. The images placeholder flashes for a moment and then disappears. I'm using PHP 5.2.9 and I get "invalid session" when I call captchaindex.php. Please advise.
site

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/07/30 17:50

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X
Attachments:

14 years 8 months ago #106580 by krileon
We need SERVER error logs to see if there is a server configuration issue as the code seams to be working correctly.

Also are any of you using mod_rewrite to SEF your URLs? It's possible SEFing is causing this so disable ALL SEF and try again.

If you can't find server logs then please PM me Joomla Backend AND your host CPANEL access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #106588 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1
Server logs only show some 404 errors for non-related pages. Raw log showed this:

[30/Jul/2009:10:29:40 -0500] "GET /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbcaptcha/captchaindex.php?urlmode=image&captchasid=zQEeAtiD4NOEkSdMVlqKZM40OuTKOZNn HTTP/1.1" 200 336 "site.com/administrator/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=editPlugin&cid=501" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.12) Gecko/2009070611 Firefox/3.0.12"

turning off SEF didn't help.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn