CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1

14 years 8 months ago #106935 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1
ok, so something is happening since I'm not the only user with a similar problem. Anyone else having this problem that can help me out?

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106937 by krileon
ThePiston wrote:

ok, so something is happening since I'm not the only user with a similar problem. Anyone else having this problem that can help me out?

We're looking at a possible solution. Instead of parsing the configuration file we are looking to add a method to simply include it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #106940 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1
there seems to be something else at play though that's causing this. My config file is in the right place with the right permissions. can i hard code my credentials? if so, what file? my site is getting slammed with spam and I went live yesterday. I'm having to admin-approve members and it's killing me and slowing site growth.

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

14 years 8 months ago #107684 by skosloff
I had this problem occur and for me the solution was to go in to Global Configuration and set the System > Session Settings > Session Handler to "None".

14 years 8 months ago #107698 by pcarmona
I am having exactly the same problem (www.coolaruba.com) and I have tried all the possibilities mentioned in the forum without luck.
- Joomla 1.0.15 / CB 1.2.1 / CB Captcha Plugin 2.2 RC4
- the tests of the plugin give green lights (see attached image)
- apache logs are error-free.
- Here some additional info about freetype:

GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
FreeType Version 2.2.1

Also we are at the point of closing registrations because of bots succeeding with around 70 new users per day. (BTW What do they get from this?)

Please any tips would be appreciated!
PC

Post edited by: pcarmona, at: 2009/08/11 22:11
Attachments:

14 years 8 months ago #107703 by nant
click on speaker then click on download to hear

what error appears?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn