CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1

14 years 10 months ago #102961 by JComeskey
Replied by JComeskey on topic Re:CB Captcha is not showing images in CB 1.2.1
OK, this is probably a dumb question, but does the configuration.php file need to be writeable in order for the captcha to work properly?

I have no problems with CB 1.2.1 and Captcha 2.2RC4 on my 1.5 sites. But on my 1.0 sites, we have the config.php locked down, and - just like adrianm - I cannot display image or sound. Also like adrianm, it worked fine before the upgrade to CB 1.2.1.

Post edited by: JComeskey, at: 2009/06/23 23:58

RESIST Theocratic Police-State Feudalism!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #103035 by krileon
Here's what needs to be in place for captcha to work:
  • Do NOT move configuration.php from joomlas root
  • Do NOT encrypt configuration.php
  • Do NOT make configuration.php un-readable (does not need write access)

If all the above is done then captcha should work accordingly. We are working on a fix for all of this then you can do whatever you want with your configuration file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #103489 by JComeskey
Yep, turns out that we had moved the file and made it unreadable. Once that had been reversed, then the captcha started working again.

I am nervous about exposing that file though, so I hope that we are able to figure out a workaround soon.

Thanks!

14 years 9 months ago #103910 by JComeskey
krileon,

I spoke too soon. At one of our 1.0 sites, we moved the configuration.php back to the Joomla root and set to 444, but the captcha is still not rendering the image.

Is there anything else that we should be looking for?

14 years 9 months ago #103958 by krileon
JComeskey wrote:

krileon,

I spoke too soon. At one of our 1.0 sites, we moved the configuration.php back to the Joomla root and set to 444, but the captcha is still not rendering the image.

Is there anything else that we should be looking for?

Don't know, I've never messed with the configuration file thus my captcha has always worked. The move might have caused some sort of problem.

The latest captcha is available to document subscribers and is the only CB Captcha that will work on CB 1.2.1. This likely being the issue is that you need to upgrade CB AND the captcha plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #104045 by duchess
I have the same problem, and can't get i t to work. i followed all your instructions, but the images are still not showing up -- > www.knjiga.co.rs/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers
First line.

Please help me.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn