[SOLVED] No confirm link in email

14 years 2 months ago #124173 by kevinrice1
[SOLVED] No confirm link in email was created by kevinrice1
Hi-

Thanks in advance for the help...

In registration email confirmation emails, the [CONFIRM] link is not showing up in the email itself, it's like it wasn't even in the email template in the CB config. I've looked all over the forums and found plenty of posts discussing problems with the link, but none that said that the link itself was completely gone.

Ideally of course I would like to get this fixed. However, since I am already having admin approval be required, it is not the end of the world to turn off email confirmation for registrants.

So I went into cb config and set email confirmation to "no" and went into each plan in CB subs and set the email confirmation "default", but still I got the same email confirmation with no link in it. I even tried "no, override CB" and got the same result.

Maybe these are related, maybe not, but if I could get one of them fixed I would be set.

Thanks!

Public menu item to my profile published
Public menu item to user list published
Login module published
Registration is through CB subs

CB 1.2.1
CB Subs 1.0.3
Joomla 1.5.14
php 5.2.10

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/17 18:57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #124344 by krileon
Please check your CB configuration for Pending Approval Email and Welcome Email on the Registration tab. Your Pending Approval Email will also send if a user requires admin approval. If you do not wish for this email to send simply delete all its contents. Your confirmation link should also send accordingly and [CONFIRM] should be in Pending Approval Email and not Welcome Email. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #124527 by kevinrice1
Replied by kevinrice1 on topic Re:No confirm link in email, no way to change it
Thanks for the response Kyle!

Still wondering why that confirm link wasn't working, but it works for now.

I made sure that the moderators were set to receive moderator emails in the user manager and modified the pending email to reflect that (no penging link, basically "sit tight and we will confirm you").

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn