[SOLVED] Uninstall CB PG and Install New Version

14 years 2 months ago #124311 by cmcgrue
After searching around the forums and doing searches and not finding what I was looking for, I just needed confirmation on what to expect if I uninstalled the older version of Profile Gallery and installed the newer version?

I currently have version 1.0 RC2 installed and want to install 1.2 RC2. Please advise if I should be able to uninstall the older version and install the new version (hopefully) without any issues.

Thanks for your time and sorry if I just didn't find the answer and it's already in the forums.

Thanks.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/02/17 20:02

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #124313 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:Uninstall CB PG and Install New Version
Nant is really good about documentation. Isn't there something in a readme or documentation on upgrade instructions? I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

14 years 2 months ago #124319 by nant
cmcgrue wrote:

After searching around the forums and doing searches and not finding what I was looking for, I just needed confirmation on what to expect if I uninstalled the older version of Profile Gallery and installed the newer version?

I currently have version 1.0 RC2 installed and want to install 1.2 RC2. Please advise if I should be able to uninstall the older version and install the new version (hopefully) without any issues.

Thanks for your time and sorry if I just didn't find the answer and it's already in the forums.

Thanks.

You shouldn't lose anything, but as with any upgrade - backup first.

14 years 2 months ago #124422 by cmcgrue
Replied by cmcgrue on topic Re:Uninstall CB PG and Install New Version
Thanks Guys for the feedback. All went well. I did the back up just in case, uninstalled the old and installed the new, and all was well. Cheers!

14 years 2 months ago #124430 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn