CB 1.3 Stable Login problem

14 years 2 months ago #124575 by yourlocalsheriff
CB 1.3 Stable Login problem was created by yourlocalsheriff
I am running the following website environment:
Linux OS, MySQL 5.0.89-community, Apache 2.2.14, PHP 5.2.11, Joomla 1. 5. 14 and CB 1.2 Stable. My website is at: www.aus4017.com, and cannot be publicly launched until I fix this problem.

When I Login via CB, the Icons above it, located in User 1 position, get pushed completely to the right and outside the template - see screenshot attached. The parent website www.your-local-website.com is using the same environment above, but doesn't have that problem.

As I am not a PHP/HTML/CSS guru I really don't know where to start to find the problem, so any/all suggestions would be most welcome asap. Thanks in advance.

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #124597 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB 1.3 Stable Login problem
Likely result of module or template having and unclosed tag. Please check your template and module to ensure all tags have been closed properly. Please check to see if issue persists in default Joomla template. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #124651 by yourlocalsheriff
Replied by yourlocalsheriff on topic Re:CB 1.3 Stable Login problem
Thank you Kyle for your observations/suggestions. I have tried the default template (Rhuk_milkyway) aand the problem doesn't exist. This suggests that the problem is in the template I am using (JS_mytemplate) - template builder from JoomlaShack. While I come from the "old school" programming background (Assembler), I am not a PHP/HTML/CSS guru.

Yet, I am using the same template for the parent website www.your-local-website and the problem does not occur. I am also using CB on both sites.

Unfortunately, I am not yet skilled in debugging tools like Firebug, so it is an arduous task comparing the HTML code for both templates. I haven't spotted any obvious differences yet.

To the expert I it is probably obvious, but it is driving me nuts, and holding up my planned launch.

John :silly:

14 years 2 months ago #124695 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB 1.3 Stable Login problem
Sorry, I don't know what to advise; the error appears related to your template as you've stated. I recommend contacting the developer of the template or your modules for assistance. :(

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 months ago #124793 by yourlocalsheriff
Thank you Kyle for your observations/suggestions. I have tried the default template (Rhuk_milkyway) aand the problem doesn't exist. This suggests that the problem is in the template I am using (JS_mytemplate) - template builder from JoomlaShack. While I come from the "old school" programming background (Assembler), I am not a PHP/HTML/CSS guru.

Yet, I am using the same template for the parent website www.your-local-website and the problem does not occur. I am also using CB on both sites.

Unfortunately, I am not yet skilled in debugging tools like Firebug, so it is an arduous task comparing the HTML code for both templates. I haven't spotted any obvious differences yet.

To the expert I it is probably obvious, but it is driving me nuts, and holding up my planned launch.

14 years 2 months ago #124794 by yourlocalsheriff

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn