Whitespaces in profiles

14 years 1 month ago #126140 by fepa
Whitespaces in profiles was created by fepa
I have been looking for hours to a solution to huge amount of whitespace before and after the "menu", "portrait" and "user profile page title" tabs in profiles. It remains the same anywhere i place the tabs.

Found different posts about this issue in differente CB Modules. Is there some kind of known bug?

This is NOT a template issue since it happens also with default joomla templates.

Any ideas?

Please take a look at the site

Related posts:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/func,view/catid,88/id,125398/

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/func,view/catid,43/id,51988/

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/func,view/catid,100/id,108936/

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/func,view/catid,77/id,98519/

Post edited by: fepa, at: 2010/03/08 04:28

Post edited by: fepa, at: 2010/03/08 04:30

Post edited by: fepa, at: 2010/03/08 04:50
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126396 by fepa
Replied by fepa on topic Re:Whitespaces in profiles
No clues?

14 years 1 month ago #126687 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Whitespaces in profiles
Part of the space is due to your editor adding a description to your Profile Picture tab within Tab Management. Some editors will add a tag such as paragraph or linebreak automatically, then when you save your tab you end up with that tag as the description. Please examine the tab and review the source of the description, selecting all (CTRL+A) and deleting, then save.

[code:1]
<div id="cbPortraitDescription" class="tab_Description"><p><br mce_bogus="1"></p></div>
[/code:1]

Your tabs description is as follows.

<p><br mce_bogus="1"></p>

Then your template is adding a lot of padding, please see CSS as follows.

IN: portal/templates/rt_affinity_j15/css/template.css
ON: Line 100
.mainbody-surround {
margin-top:4px; <-- added margin adds even more space
overflow:hidden;
padding:15px; <-- large amount of padding
position:relative;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127191 by fepa
Replied by fepa on topic Re:Whitespaces in profiles
Thankyou!

i fixed the template issues, but all editors keep adding this automatically:

<br mce_bogus="1">[/code:1]

I delete it but it keeps showing up.

14 years 1 month ago #127217 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Whitespaces in profiles
Examine your editors parameters from Joomla plugins or if it has a component panel then examine its configuration. It's possible that addition of code is simply a setting that can be turned off. Just turn each ON then test then OFF then test then back to what it was previously if issue doesn't resolve.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn