Login Error

14 years 1 month ago #127133 by smclaine
Login Error was created by smclaine
When a registered user goes to login they are redirected back to a page that says You Must Login First and then the registration options are seen. However, if I open up the site in another tab inside the same window it shows they are logged in. The URL that shows on the on the You Must Login page is nfsti.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers.

I tried to turn off the 'allow user registration' setting inside of the global configuration of Joomla and got the following errors...

JFTP::login: Unable to login
JFTP::write: Unable to use passive mode

An Error has occurred! Unable to open configuration.php file to write!

I have the CB Registration Configuration set to 'Yes, independently of global setting'

What should I do to fix this issue?

Thx...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #127214 by rspack
Replied by rspack on topic Re:Login Error
Not sure if this is your fix, but it sounds like you have set the login redirection URL to point to registers page instead of the members profile or other member related page.

You might check the following setting and see where it is redirecting the user after login;

Goto your Joomla backend (Admin section) and then click on the Extensions => Module Manager

Look for the mod_cblogin (Might be named CB Login) but type will be mod_cblogin. Click on the module and open it up for editing.

On the right side under the Parameters look for the parameter: Login Redirection URL

This might be set incorrectly thus causing your users to be redirected to the register page after logging in.

Just a shot in the dark here, but worth the look.

Post edited by: rspack, at: 2010/03/18 13:52

14 years 1 month ago #127239 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Login Error
As the above has outlined your login redirect parameter is likely set to redirect to registration. Please also check first time login redirect found within CB Configuration on the Registration tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #127269 by smclaine
Replied by smclaine on topic Re:Login Error
I appreciate the quick response. After viewing several posts I made some changes and I'm still running into the same challenge. Here's how everything is set up on the back end...

Joomla Global Config
=====================
Allow User Registration - No
New User Account Activation - Yes
Front End User Parameters - Show

CB Config Mgr - Registration Tab
================================
URL for first login visit - Blank

Module Mgr - mod_cblogin
=========================
Login Redirection URL - Blank
Logout Redirection URL - index.php
CB Plugins Integration - No

CB Paid Subscriptions - Plans - Workflows
==========================================
URL for every login: nfsti.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=182&Itemid=262

Every time a user logs in they must be redirected to the URL above due to the way our site is setup. Any further assistance would be appreciated.

Thx....

14 years 1 month ago #127273 by rspack
Let me see if this is what you want to happen:
  1. From your main page, when a user clicks on register (under login box) they are then to be taken to the link:

nfsti.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers

2. They then select a subscription, pay and are granted access to the user area.

3. Now that they are members they can login to their account/site.

Now the question to answer next would be this:

1. What page do you wish them to go to after they have paid for membership, and attempt to login for first time?

2. What page do you want to be the default page after the initial or first login for the user each time they login?

As I don't know much about CBSubs I can't be sure you have the link above set correctly. But if I were to guess I would say it is pointing to the wrong page.

Login as a registered member and then navigate to the page you want users to go to after logging in. Copy that URL and replace it with the one you use in the CBSub link and see if that is what you want to happen upon login. Then logout and log back in and see if it works. For example my tab name for the user profile page is called My Profile (alias- myprofile) and I am using SEF links, so I use the following on my Login Module login link box:

Login Redirection URL: myprofile

As CBSubs may be overriding the default CB login module redirect URLs it is hard for me to say as I do not use that plugin. But for sake of doing, I would also add the link you want the registered users to go to in the CB Login Redirect link box and see if that solves the issue.

14 years 1 month ago #127275 by rspack
Scott M,

I just registered for a free account and was able to go to the page link you posted below. When I first logged in it took me to the following link:

index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=182&Itemid=262

Which basically looked the same as the other link you posted. (Content wise that is....)

So I am not sure if this is an issue with the paid accounts or not, but the free ones take me to a valid page and not the subscription page upon logging in.

(P.S. - Scot M: Can you delete my accounton your site please?: rspack)

Hopefully you got things resolved, but I cannot duplicate the issue here when using the free account.

Scott

Post edited by: rspack, at: 2010/03/18 19:12

Post edited by: rspack, at: 2010/03/18 19:13

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds