Re:Registration form with e-mail account @mydomain

13 years 11 months ago #130812 by Linnitis
Hi!
(my first post, be gentle;)

Is it possible to

1) Give users an mail-adress, i.e userid@mydomain.com upon registration to the community I administrate

and

2) Make this a fully functioning mail-adress that is ONLY accessible when logged in to the forum?

With "fully functioning" I mean the ability to recieve (and send) mail from/(to) other domains, like info@acme.com, orders@goodstuff.com etc etc.

Linnitis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #130967 by krileon

1) Give users an mail-adress, i.e userid@mydomain.com upon registration to the community I administrate

Joomla requires email address as it is one of the core fields; thus CB too requires it and asks for it at registration. The field responsible is email found in Field Management. If creating users in backend you'll need to provide an email as well so yes you can specify emails for users.

2) Make this a fully functioning mail-adress that is ONLY accessible when logged in to the forum?

No, CB does have a setting whether to allow emailing of users or not, but is not conditional as such. Please see General tab of Joomla Backend > Components > Configuration. Additional you could use document subscriber CB Privacy to allow users to control the privacy setting for their Email field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #131690 by Linnitis
Thank you! Yes, I know of and understand mailadress to be a core field and that you usually put your everyday mailadress here, like I would put "fruplacebo@gmail.com"
in this field. What I was thinking (but not writing to clearly!) was that I would like members of my community to get a maildress that has my domain-name in it, n.n@mydomain.com. automatically when they register, but perhaps I have to do this "by hand" for each user?

Kind regards
Linnitis

13 years 11 months ago #131750 by krileon
You would likely need a complete and complex new CB plugin to accomplish this unless you intended to create each user manually as your mailserver will not simply create email addresses automatically without secure code doing it. I recommend letting your users provide their emails rather then creating ones for them. At any rate, yes will need to be done by hand or via very extensive and complex code (likely need a contract developer and contact with your mailserver host).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn