issue with registration

13 years 10 months ago #134827 by NutriCoach
issue with registration was created by NutriCoach
I have what I think is a fairly simple problem for someone that understand joomla 1.0 and CB1.2.2.

I have a site that is about 4 years old. Because of the age of the site, its complexity and a number of other issues and my lack of knowledge about transitioning to joomla 1.5.x or even 1.6 when it comes out we are staying with 1.0 until I can recruit someone really good to join my team and make the switch.

In the meantime I have what I think is a fairly simple problem that I need to find answers for.

I broke something a few days ago and now no one can register to my site. The issue I believe is with OpenSEF which is not supported any more. I will try to see if I can get Cedric to help but not something I expect will happen.

Here is what I have done. A friend was helping me do some major SEO upgrades that are working fantastic. Then I got the bright idea to mess in Open SEF and broke things.

I tried to fix the damage by upgrading to CB1.2.2. BTW it works great until the end of the process and I am the one who messed that up.

Now when someone tries to register they get a 404 when they try to submit. The url for the register looks like www.diabetic-diet-secrets.com/manage-your-profile/task,registers/ instead of the funky URL. The registration is trying to send them to www.diabetic-diet-secrets.com/manage-your-profile/ which is getting the 404 page not found and I am losing about 10-15 mew users per day who I might be able to help.

Any quick fix ideas for this?

Post edited by: NutriCoach, at: 2010/06/05 15:44

Toma Grubb
Site admin

www.Diabetic-Diet-Secrets.com (Joomla/Community Builder)

Helping the world control TYpe 2 Diabetes with diet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #134964 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:issue with registration
Purge your OpenSEF url re-writes and let it re-write them. You really shouldn't SEF registration or profile edit pages however so if possible disable such pages from being re-written. We can't help you with 3rd party SEF. You should discuss this with OpenSEF developers or remove the extension entirely for something more well supported and known.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn