Memory problems on server side after define around 2000 automation rules.

10 years 10 months ago #229068 by jsanchez_dha
Hi,

I am implementing a new site wich includes almos 2000 groupjive automation rules. I am experiencing memory allocation / server time-out problems. Those problems doesn't apperar in a Virtual Machine local instalation provided with 4mb RAM.

I just wonder, as first attempt to share the problema with you, how to proceed with this king of problems, and if any of you guys have had this king of problem before.

The problem is that I can not be any sure, that upgrading my hosting pack will solve the problems...

Thank you in advance,

Javi in Madrid.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #229109 by krileon
You've 2,000 autos setup through the auto integration? Yes, you will have massive memory issues as that's 2,000 actions that need to be processed all at once; that'll be very heavy. You may want to consider condensing them down or review a different implementation for your usage as that's just not practical.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #229183 by jsanchez_dha
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for your replay, that seems to be the problem indeed. We want the users to join or leave the groups automatically in response of filling in or deleting the content of certain fields.

The site is for employment purposes on 21 different countries and each member can have up to 41 areas of expertise (which are the fields). That makes 41*2*21=1722 rules, as we don't want the candidates to have to join or leave groups, just fill in their profile. Doing it that way, employers can easily find candidates by country and area of expertise. You can take a look at temporal site: s471090637.mialojamiento.es/index.php/anuncios (Spain is a good example to look at).

I would like to have a friendly way to look for unemployed people according to the country and area of experience. May be I don't know how to implement a search depending on two different fields of the profiles, and thats why I am going crazy implementing rules :woohoo: .

May you have any recommendation about this, I would appreciate it!!

On the other hand, from the programing point of view of groupjive rules, I don't understand why all rules have to be processed to execute one....

Best Regards and thks again,

Javi in Madrid.

10 years 10 months ago #229207 by krileon
I suggest, for registration, using the auto join field. This would give them a multi-select of the available groups that they can select to join. This will put them in the groups automatically and is very lightweight. After registration they could simply navigate to groups and join/leave as needed or you could modify the auto field so it works in profile edit too.

On the other hand, from the programing point of view of groupjive rules, I don't understand why all rules have to be processed to execute one....

Because they don't know who to exclude yet until access permissions is checked, conditionals are checked, see if they are already in the group or group already exists for example, etc.. there's various PHP checks to ensure the action even applies to them; none of which can be done on a database level.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jsanchez_dha

10 years 10 months ago #229217 by jsanchez_dha
Hi krileon,

Thanks a lot for the provided information. I am goint to ahead with your suggested option about the 'auto join field'.

Best regards,

Javi.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.586 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn