Cannot create a new category

14 years 7 months ago #109717 by willyhuc
Cannot create a new category was created by willyhuc
I've installed the latest groupjive. The component installs successfully, but when I try to create a new category, I get a blank page.

Obviously, if I cannot create categories, I cannot create groups and the whole raison d'etre is kind of shot.

I'm running on localhost and encountered no other problems on my site--at least that I'm aware of. Is there a work-around for this? Is there a way to manually add categories? Or better, is there is known issue here that I could resolve?

Thank you in advance for your help.

-david
The topic has been locked.
14 years 7 months ago #109745 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot create a new category
Are there any errors in your apache error log? PHP error logs? Any errors in the page source? Running PHP5?

GJ bug tracker is found here .

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
14 years 7 months ago #109852 by TopCop
Replied by TopCop on topic Re:Cannot create a new category
I've got the same problem.
Can't create a category after a clean and fresh installation.
Got the error that's already in the Bug Tracker #1254

TopCop

Post edited by: TopCop, at: 2009/09/01 14:50
14 years 6 months ago #114289 by wess
Replied by wess on topic Re:Cannot create a new category
I'm having the same issue has anyone figured it out.
14 years 5 months ago #115406 by kmilos
Replied by kmilos on topic Re:Cannot create a new category
I've run across the same issue on fresh install of GJ1.8b5 on J1.5.14 w/ CB1.2.1.

It seems you need to have the legacy plugin enabled and then it works.

Edit: Just saw this is already known in #1319

Post edited by: kmilos, at: 2009/10/28 21:00
14 years 4 months ago #117792 by mariealline
Replied by mariealline on topic Re:Cannot create a new category
Arghh!!! I'm having this same problem with a fresh install of groupjive. I am using php5 and am not using legacy. Has anyone figured out a fix for this? :sick:

Thank you,
Marie Alline
mariealline.com
footprints-online.com
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn