Install/Re-install instructions

14 years 1 month ago #124666 by dmoorefus
Install/Re-install instructions was created by dmoorefus
Couldn't find it anywhere - is there a re-installation guide for updating the GroupJive components? I've got b4 installed now and I'd like to upgrade to the 1.8 RC1.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #124809 by dmoorefus
Replied by dmoorefus on topic Re:Install/Re-install instructions
Well, I did piece together how to uninstall/reinstall.

You've got to uninstall both the component in the Joomla plugins section and the plugin in the CB plugins section.

But, are any of the devs checking these forums still? Putting a sticky at the top of the forums for some of the FAQ questions (like install instructions, most common how-tos) would be great...

14 years 1 month ago #125215 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Install/Re-install instructions
Yes, we're still here. It works the same way all extensions or plugins function. This is basic Joomla procedures; please see Joomla.org for details or review CB documentation (available to document subscribers) for install instructions for CB Plugins. You can uninstall then reinstall or unpack the files and copy, paste, replace. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #125439 by shanesr
Replied by shanesr on topic Re:Install/Re-install instructions
I searched all over for this. I was glad to find it. Some components allow you to install over them without having to remove them. I was afraid to uninstall the component because I didn't want to lose all of my groups (I didn't, of course).

Thanks

14 years 1 week ago #126894 by dmoorefus
Replied by dmoorefus on topic Re:Install/Re-install instructions
I'm having a problem upgrading the group after all, even when I thought it had been upgraded.

My version for the GroupJive component was saying 1.8 b5 even though I had installed the 1.8 RC version. I figured there was some error in the version displayed so I ignored it until I got the response in this thread:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,126406/catid,105/

I followed the instructions in the readme.txt file in the GroupJive install file to make sure I was doing everything properly, but am still getting the version information displayed as b5.

Steps I took to uninstall/install were:

To upgrade GroupJive please:

1.) GO TO the Administrator module (backend) of your Joomla installation
2.) UNPUBLISH all existing GroupJive menu links from Joomla menus
3.) DELETE all existing menu links from Joomla menus
4.) DELETE the GroupJive CB Plug in (if it exists). This will also delete
the GroupJive CB [tab]
5.) UNINSTALL GROUPJIVE
- GO TO Installers > Components
- Select the GroupJive radio button (o)
- CLICK Uninstall button (top right)
6.) Use your FTP file manager to to confirm directories/files are gone [all files in the admin and component sections were deleted]
7.) INSTALL "new" com_groupjive component

======================

Any suggestions on how to fix this? We're supposed to open this up to outside users very soon, so I need to get this working quickly.

Thanks!

Post edited by: dmoorefus, at: 2010/03/15 21:07

14 years 1 week ago #126919 by javajogja
Replied by javajogja on topic Re:Install/Re-install instructions
how to uninstall without leaving any data's that created by GJ? total uninstall.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn