[SOLVED] add modules/articles to a Group?

14 years 1 month ago #126560 by Ewerton_Moreira
[SOLVED] add modules/articles to a Group? was created by Ewerton_Moreira
Hello All,

I'm trying to change GJ to display Articles and any other module in the Group Page, instead of only having the buletin.

I've read some post where people asks about videos and images in the groups, so it seems to be a common request and I think somebody did that already.

I don't know GJ structure very well so, if anyone could help me where to start I would appreciate. I have questions like: which GJ files to be customized, etc.

Thanks
ewerton

Post edited by: Ewerton_Moreira, at: 2010/03/11 21:19

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/15 19:00

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126570 by dmoorefus
Replied by dmoorefus on topic Re:GJ hack to add modules/articles to a Group ?
I'd suggest using CBSubs in conjunction with GroupJive to provide access to other contents on your site.

You use CBSubs to provide sort of a group membership and then you can map a Group Jive membership with that CBSub subscription. Then, on that Group Jive group page, you can use CBSubs to conditionally display modules, articles, etc.

14 years 1 month ago #126631 by krileon
dmoorefus suggestion is the best approach, GJ does not control access to anything other then the group the user is in or perhaps forums (if integrated).

Another option is to develop a module that queries database for what group the user belongs to and displays XYZ based off that group (or gets the group ID from the URL the user is at).

Sense hacks are not supported I can not advise you on modifications to GJ, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126833 by Ewerton_Moreira
Replied by Ewerton_Moreira on topic Re:GJ hack to add modules/articles to a Group ?
Thanks for your feedback..

As it is only a proof of concept to an initial proposal, I will try to hack into it and have the customer to validade the idea and avoing spending some money.

In case he agrees, I surely agree that I need something that will support further updated, and I will consider useing CBSubs

Thanks
Ewerton

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn