categories page

13 years 11 months ago #131586 by thompsonmi
categories page was created by thompsonmi
I have 2 questions:

1) is it possible to have the 'category administrators' details on their category overview page.

e.g - have the cb profile image for the category administrator show up on thier category, along with there contact info.
when you are viewing a category, it currently comes up with a list of groups within the category, i would also like to have the administrators profile image and details on this page.

how would i code this?

2) is there any way of creating pagination on the categories list. currently i have over 50 categories and they appear in a long list. is there any way of having 10 per page, similar to the way you can do this in 'group settings'.

how could i code this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #131621 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:categories page

1) is it possible to have the 'category administrators' details on their category overview page.

You could possible edit the category template file, but no guarantee it will display as you're wanting.

2) is there any way of creating pagination on the categories list. currently i have over 50 categories and they appear in a long list. is there any way of having 10 per page, similar to the way you can do this in 'group settings'.

No not in GroupJive 1.8, GroupJive 2.0 will feature paging (optional) for categories and groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #131645 by thompsonmi
Replied by thompsonmi on topic Re:categories page
1) ive tried to edit the template but i havent had much luck. Do you know what i have to include in the template to get this to work?

13 years 11 months ago #131773 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:categories page
thompsonmi wrote:

1) ive tried to edit the template but i havent had much luck. Do you know what i have to include in the template to get this to work?

No idea, we did not develop the template system. As indicated in previous post it may or may not work, sorry. :(

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds