Clicking On Any GroupJive Option Gives "_NOT_AUTH"

13 years 5 months ago #146101 by san65
Hello Kyle,

This problem has been solved.

In the file "authorization.php" belonging to folder libraries - joomla -- user, while changing the capability of a user role to "edit" content created by other user roles, the capability of the user role of "super administrator" to edit content also got set to "own". After I changed super administrator's capability back to "all" (line 209), I am now able to use GJ.

Two queries here:

1. What is the name of the file whose snippet you copy/pasted in your latest response? The _NOT_AUTH that appears in the snippet appears to be a predefined constant; however, I was unable to locate it.

2. Is there any documentation available for GJ?

Thank you once again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146116 by krileon

1. What is the name of the file whose snippet you copy/pasted in your latest response? The _NOT_AUTH that appears in the snippet appears to be a predefined constant; however, I was unable to locate it.

administrator/components/com_groupjive/admin.groupjive.php

2. Is there any documentation available for GJ?

For GJ 1.8, no. There will be for GJ 2.0 when released.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146126 by san65
Hello Kyle,

The documentation would have come in handy.

In my site's context, in the front-end, users are not allowed to create / delete own groups. In the "integration" tab of "Settings", I have set "show forum" to "Yes" and also set "show bulletinboard" to "Yes", as they will prove useful.

I have also created one single category, three groups, and assigned a member each as group administrator.

My queries are:

1. Where do I get to see the forum, and also how do I use it?
2. Where do I get to see the bulletinboard, and how to make use of it?
3. Whenever a registered user logs in, I would like them to know which groups they have been assigned to. I would also like this information to appear in the CB's user list, in one of the columns. How to make this possible?
4. What are the various functions and features that the JG further makes possible for me?

Thanks very much in advance.

13 years 5 months ago #146147 by krileon

The documentation would have come in handy.

We didn't not make GJ 1.8. We fixed it so users had a group solution until we developed our own. GJ 1.8 is end-of-life.

1. Where do I get to see the forum, and also how do I use it?

You need Kunena 1.5.x, Kunena 1.6.x probably won't work with it. Once installed see backend configuration for GroupJive.

2. Where do I get to see the bulletinboard, and how to make use of it?

Navigate to a group and see its menu to browse/post on the bulletin board.

3. Whenever a registered user logs in, I would like them to know which groups they have been assigned to. I would also like this information to appear in the CB's user list, in one of the columns. How to make this possible?

GJ doesn't provide this. It's a standalone extension and there's not much relation to CB aside from the usage of its API to make it functional.

You'd need a custom fieldtype plugin to create a new field to keep track of users groups. You could also use documentation subscriber incubator project CB Query Field to create a field that displays results of a database query. This means you could query GJs database table and return a users groups, etc...

4. What are the various functions and features that the JG further makes possible for me?

You'll need to explore GJ for this. It's very basic and strictly provides groups for users in nested categories.. that's about it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146181 by san65
Hello,

Thank you Kyle for the inputs; much appreciated.

I am trying to get the bulletinboard going. In a menu, added "Category view" and "Group view", published them and made them public. In the front-end, how do I get the bulletinboard to appear and be used?

Looking forward to your guidance, and thanks again.

13 years 5 months ago #146260 by krileon

In the front-end, how do I get the bulletinboard to appear and be used?

You need to navigate to a group and you can use its bulletin from there. Please check that it is enabled within GJ configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn