Cannot edit my plan since upgrade to 1.0.2

14 years 8 months ago #106356 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot edit my plan since upgrade to 1.0.2
I'm not sure why uninstalling caused this. It shouldn't have, but I wasn't able to duplicate even uninstalling on local or live sites. Possibly a delay from server caused database corruption.

Upgrade process needs to be added to documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106393 by cpreston
Replied by cpreston on topic Re:Cannot edit my plan since upgrade to 1.0.2
First I want to reiterate the problem is fixed for now. So I'm only furthering this discussion as a learning process for you guys. I'm not unhappy, only confused.

Second I want to remind you that I duplicated the problem. I did it once, and it broke things. I restored the site to before the upgrade then followed the same procedure and it broke again. So I doubt it was any timeout issue or anything transient like you described.

Third I think it's important for you to know the procedure I followed. It was what I'll call the "partial uninstall" procedure outlined in this posting: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,104950/catid,92/

As you can see, it tells you to uninstall some pieces, but not others. It does not work as documented, as you do have to uninstall all CB plugins before reinstalling them. That would be all the ones found in <joomlaroot>/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user. This is what I did. However, you can reinstall the CBSubs plugins that go in <joomlaroot>/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin without reinstalling, which is what I did. The module and mambot must be uninstalled and reinstalled.

I actually think it was the PARTIAL uninstall procedure that caused the problem. I bet if you did a complete uninstall of all plugins/modules/mambots that it would work fine. But now that I'm working I don't want to break the site again just to find out. ;)

As I said, I've moved on. I'm giving you this info for future posterity.

14 years 8 months ago #106401 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot edit my plan since upgrade to 1.0.2
This should help those needing instructions for upgrades.

Upgrade Procedure (install/uninstall):
  1. Uninstall CBSubs CB plugins
  2. Uninstall CBSubs module
  3. Uninstall CBSubs
  4. Uninstall CBSubs Joomla plugin
  5. Unpack CBSubs unzip1st package
  6. Install CBSubs
  7. Install CBSubs Joomla plugin
  8. Install CBSubs module
  9. Install CBSubs CB plugins

Upgrade Procedure (replace):
  1. Unpack CBSubs unzip1st package
  2. Unpack CBSubs main CB plugin
  3. Replace plug_cbpaidsubscriptions folder with one provided in package
  4. Unpack CBSubs Joomla plugin
  5. Replace cbpaidsubsbot php/xml with ones provided in package
  6. Unpack CBSubs module
  7. Replace mod_cbsubscriptions php/css/xml with ones provided in package
  8. Unpack individual CBSubs CB plugins
  9. Replace folders with those provided in each individual package

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.392 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn