SQL plugin did not fire up

14 years 8 months ago #107120 by amazeika
SQL plugin did not fire up was created by amazeika
Hello,

I just saw something weird. My user registration workflow is Allow registration: Yes and User Email Confirmation: Yes, before payment (override CB) under Plan workflows.

The client registered and then cancelled payment and the subscription. Then he finally decided that he wanted to buy the product and the subscription was activated as an upgrade. I'm getting all this info from the history log.

All sounds good, but the problem is that the SQL queries (from the SQL plugin) were not executed on this particular subscription. For all the other clients that registered and directly payed for their subscription these queries where executed. The only difference between both is that in the last case the subscriptions were activated as new.

Any advice please ?, this is important, since I rely on those queries upon subscription.

Thank you guys.

Arunas Mazeika
WeXtend.com - Professional development for Joomla!.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #107128 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:SQL plugin did not fire up
Queries only fire on activation and deactivation; not upgrade. We will have to discuss improving SQL Actions to include upgrades, IMO this would be an essential upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #107148 by amazeika
Replied by amazeika on topic Re:SQL plugin did not fire up

Queries only fire on activation and deactivation; not upgrade.

Hello krileon,

One of the problems here is that I don't know why the subscription was activated as an upgrade, since he hadn't any active nor inactive subscription within his account.

If you tell me that queries do not fire when upgrading, I understand, if and only if, he is upgrading from a previous active plan to a better one. However, even in this case, if the better plan needs to perform some additional queries or actions, this should be allowed.

I forgot to mention that I didn't receive the usual new user registration mail for this user upon activation of his account (after he payed). I looked up on my server logs and there is no trace of this mail, which means that it wasn't sent. I believe something is wrong here.

The questions are, why was this user's subscription considered as an upgrade ?, could you please explain to me what an activation/deactivation means, even an upgrade should be activated after payment is received and will be deactivated once its valid period is over.

What can I do in the meantime ?.

Thank you.

Arunas Mazeika

14 years 8 months ago #107155 by krileon
The stopping of emails is a confirmed bug. I've added it to our system for further inspection.

The plan being an upgrade afterwords is likely due to having a Free Plan instead of just allowing no-subscription registrations. If the user is given a free plan then subscribes to the plan you are wanting then it is an upgrade, at any rate the SQL Actions plugin will be receiving an upgrade to handle plan upgrades, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #107334 by amazeika
Replied by amazeika on topic Re:SQL plugin did not fire up

at any rate the SQL Actions plugin will be receiving an upgrade to handle plan upgrades, etc...

for next release perhaps ?, this is totally unexpected. For now I have to handle manually these upgrades, which is ... :whistle:

Arunas Mazeika

14 years 8 months ago #107354 by krileon
amazeika wrote:

at any rate the SQL Actions plugin will be receiving an upgrade to handle plan upgrades, etc...

for next release perhaps ?, this is totally unexpected. For now I have to handle manually these upgrades, which is ... :whistle:

I'm sorry, that's just how it goes. We do release candidates and many bug fixes, improvements, etc... to not only CBSubs but also its integration plugins are in the works and being finalized for CBSubs 1.0.3. Having minor releases at untimely intervals for such a large project is unmanageable. Should we spend more time repacking for each issue, or spend more time fixing it and doing maintenance releases? ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn