Can't reinstall CB

14 years 8 months ago #107974 by ZombieNRG
Can't reinstall CB was created by ZombieNRG
I can't get mod_subs_102-E.zip to install

In extensions manager.
When I install I get
Module Install: Another module is already using directory: "/var/www/vhosts/alwaysbuylocal.com/httpdocs/modules/mod_cbsubscriptions"

When I try to install

I get:
JInstaller::install: There is already a folder called '/var/www/vhosts/alwaysbuylocal.com/httpdocs/plugins/system/cbpaidsubsbot.php'. Please initially check whether:
• the Extension is already installed
• the file names in the XML file are spelled correctly
• there are no XML files listed inside the extension.xml file
• all of the files (not including XML files) are correctly listed in the extension.xml file and there are no duplicate entries
• there is an empty folder listed from a previous installation attempt

Any thoughts/help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #107977 by ZombieNRG
Replied by ZombieNRG on topic Re:Can't reinstall CB
Update:
I went through FTP and renamed the mod_cbsubscriptions tomod_cbsubscriptions-old
and reinstalled.
Success
Any thoughts on why this didn't get deleted when I uninstalled it?

unistalled cbpaidsubsbot plugin
reinstalled bots_subs_102-E

It would be helpful for future upgrades to list the files to uninstall by their Names in the mangers. And then tell us to reinstall by the Names used in the downloaded Zip. It wasn't obvious to me that "cbpaidsubsbot plugin" was to be uninstalled and reinstalled with "bots_subs_102-E"

I'll leave these posts up for the next under-caffeinated person who upgrades.

14 years 8 months ago #108009 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can't reinstall CB
Upgrading modules/plugins is the same way you upgrade any other of the thousands of joomla modules/plugins. Uninstall then reinstall.

Same for CB plugins, uninstall, reinstall.

That is basic upgrade though. More advanced is, extract the archives and copy, paste, replace in the same manner you expert upgrade CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #108097 by ZombieNRG
Thanks,
I have 30+ Joomla sites I've built. I'm pretty familiar with uninstalling and reinstalling.

My question was why didn't the directory mod_cbsubscriptions get removed? Since I couldn't reinstall with it still there?

As I said I resolved this by renaming the directory.

14 years 8 months ago #108101 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Can't reinstall CB
ZombieNRG wrote:

Thanks,
I have 30+ Joomla sites I've built. I'm pretty familiar with uninstalling and reinstalling.

My question was why didn't the directory mod_cbsubscriptions get removed? Since I couldn't reinstall with it still there?

As I said I resolved this by renaming the directory.

Did you delete the module or maybe you just removed its instance?

14 years 8 months ago #108102 by ZombieNRG
Extensions Manager
selected mod_cbsubscriptions
Uninstalled.

Directory was not removed.
I had to manually remove it to get it to install.

I'm redoing Everything Now. I've got a Major Nightmare with a Folder containing thumbnails locking down the entire site.

Home Page Says A username and password are being requested by alwaysbuylocal.com The Site says "Restricted - Please Login"

I had a restriction on that folder through the Artist Membership at one point. When I realized this wasn't the way to do it I deleted it from the Access.

Site is still locked down. I can't get rid of this problem!

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
I've lost my ignite galleries and the home page.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds