User registered without Paying

14 years 6 months ago #112550 by ben_10
User registered without Paying was created by ben_10
Hi,

I have the following issue;

When someone does not complete payment process for a subscription. For example they abandon transaction at payment stage or if they have an error that prevents payment, their user details are still registered with CB albeit not enabled.

If they then try to register again on the site they are unable to as their email address is already take.

Am i missing something in the workflow process to prevent this happening? If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

So if payment transaction is not completed user details are deleted from CB or not registered to begin with.

Many thanks

Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #112572 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:User registered without Paying
To do this you need to disable free registration entirely.

CBSubs Settings -> Global
Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions) = NO
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans = NO

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #113007 by sfriendfla
Replied by sfriendfla on topic Re:User registered without Paying
I have the same exact problem. I need to set my website so new registrants who pay get instant access, but no matter whether they pay or not, the system allows instant access when I configure it to not require moderator approval and to use CB as the default registration. I tried making the changes you mentioned above and got this error message in red on the CBSubs Global Settings page:

WARNING: This setting does not make sense: free registered users without subscriptions not allowed, but subscriptions are not created for all plans, including free lifetime ones. In that mode that controls all site users through paid subscriptions, subscriptions are needed for all plans.

I imported a bunch of users before activating CB subs. I'm not sure what the error message above means. Everyone is in one of three plans - either free lifetime (manually set by me), monthly, or annual. Thanks for your help.

14 years 6 months ago #113029 by krileon
The message is a warning, not an error. It's telling you that with that configuration users can not and will be registered unless they subscribe to a plan. It also means a user needs a subscription at all times to continue access to the site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #113295 by ben_10
Replied by ben_10 on topic Re:User registered without Paying
Thanks for the reply

This however did not solve my problem.

If someone registers but has an error at payment they cannot re-register as email is already in use.

There account is created but not enabled so they can't login to the site. Even with both settings set to NO as below.

I have to manually delete the un-enabled user details before they can re-register.

This is a problem. I have a few clients that have contacted me when not being able to re-register - I manually delete the entry. However there are a number of entries that are not enabled that have not contacted me - so I don't know if they had problems, changed their minds etc.. and I have to send a follow up email.

It means that the subscription process is not fully automated and potentially subscribers move on if they have difficulties = loss of revenue for me.

This occurs on about 10% of my subscriptions.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Ian

14 years 6 months ago #113326 by krileon
Then you should have no exclusive plan at registration and allow free users. This avoids any errors. You can also editor your plans and remove confirmation and approval if the user is obtaining a plan, they'll be auto approved/confirmed upon paying.

If users go to subscribe, then back out, it's going to cause issues. They just need to attempt to login and they'll be sent the confirmation email (or need to be approved my a moderator if you're using approval).

After setting both options to NO and having an exclusive plan on registration the user should not be created if they did not pay.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: jwall102

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn