[#1363] Authorize.Net situation resolved?

14 years 6 months ago #113368 by krileon
This is an importance and we don't want any to feel it is not as such. It's going to take a lot of implementation due to CBSubs to begin with not having billing address support. Continuing to slam the issue is not helping, just costing us time to reply with the same responses over again.

However, it's not top priority because a feature is already in mid development, if you've ever developed a project then half way through implementing something you decide to implement something else you would understand the severity in damages this can and generally will cause. It certainly won't happen overnight, but we're working as diligently as possible and gratefully respect your patience.

An alternative is to switch to Paypal for the time being, in all due respect the payment gateway should handle billing address (as Paypal does), but Authorize.net allows on-site purchases and there is where the problem is. As far as my knowledge extends it was developed initially for Paypal and Authorize.net was added afterward.

EDIT: changed subject back to thread subject

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/08 14:16

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
14 years 6 months ago #113402 by dirtypants
Replied by dirtypants on topic Re:Has the Authorize.Net situation been resolved?
krileon wrote:

This is an importance and we don't want any to feel it is not as such.

Cool. I just kept feeling like you guys were putting it on the back shelf. I'll trust that you understand our dilemma....

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/08 14:16

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9
14 years 6 months ago #113404 by SCLRWeb
krileon wrote:

This is an importance and we don't want any to feel it is not as such. It's going to take a lot of implementation due to CBSubs to begin with not having billing address support. Continuing to slam the issue is not helping, just costing us time to reply with the same responses over again.

However, it's not top priority because a feature is already in mid development,

I understand the beating a known issue but I don't think you're hearing the problem..

A: You show that CBSubs Doesnt have Billing Address Support
(IT Does... Invoicing Address will work fine.. Just document this and for US Authorize.net customers make that note.)

B: A feature vs core functionality? Seriously? I'd think Bug / Compliance would trump feature mid stream to repair.

C: I can live with all the above and quit harping on it if we set a timeline / date and treat it like an issue rather than a feature request. Does that make sense?

D: Unfortunately the only reason we chose CBSubs we because it Had Authorize.net Support and now it seems that it doesn't exactly have that without extra liability and penalty does it!?! We don't have a Paypal account and didn't want to have another service to manage when we had one that was supported!

So I plan is merely to get an assigned timeline and yes distract from FEATURES when the CORE has a bug or omission like this...

Maybe say like our expected bug fix is 3-4 weeks?

When I would prefer to see something more like 1-2 Weeks max... Where just passing the Invoicing Fields through to Authorize.net

Post edited by: hmossessi, at: 2009/10/08 00:44

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/08 14:17
14 years 6 months ago #113407 by krileon
Again, I understand your frustration, but you appear to not have read the entirety of my reply.

...if you've ever developed a project then half way through implementing something you decide to implement something else you would understand the severity in damages this can and generally will cause...

We are avoiding further bugs and complications by finishing what we've started instead of starting multiple developments at the same time.

It sounds so simply to just pass invoice address information, but nothing is as simple as it seams. We prefer to implement a method intended for this purpose instead of a hack job fix. Again, we're working as diligently as possible and again hammering at this thread is not going to make it be completed any quicker.

We truly do understand your frustration, but please also understand ours when we're constantly bombarded on an issue we're already working to address.

We don't set time lines as that's generally setting up a highway to disappointment and angry users; development changes constantly and there's no telling what could delay the development. Maybe someone had a family crisis, maybe a few bugs got in the way during implementation, it's impossible to predict such a thing. The best I can give you is "when it's ready".

Setting up a Paypal account and confirming it to premier status takes 1 day and is free, of course there is transaction charges with any gateway. Authorize.net IS supported, but just not supported enough to your satisfaction. I understand this may not be an acceptable solution, but I am trying to give you an alternative until this issue can be resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
14 years 6 months ago #113411 by SCLRWeb
I read it but only was concerned with the first part.

Features Outweigh Core Functionality...

GOT IT...

14 years 6 months ago #113413 by dirtypants
Replied by dirtypants on topic Re:Has the Authorize.Net situation been resolved?
hmossessi wrote:

I read it but only was concerned with the first part.

Features Outweigh Core Functionality...

GOT IT...

hmossessi, I understand your frustration (I have been in production for weeks now, I was the first person to identify the issue, and I was the first person to verify and try to escalate the issue), but if you consider the 30 minutes that it has taken Krileon to respond to the dead horse we've got lying in front of us, you might come to understand why they aren't as far along in the fix as you and I would both like them to be.

Please don't take this as an attack; I am frustrated, and I understand your frustration.

They've identified the issue, they've put it on the path where they think it is appropriate, and no amount of screaming "fire" is going to change it. So as a paying customer who is losing money while the coders attend to us rather than the code, please understand how it is important to me that you accept the answer you have and stop asking them to reconstruct the same answers over and over.

I'm sure they'd refund your money, as they would mine. And at this point this discussion is costing me money. Let's let them work, and just be mindful of what we cannot control.

Thank you,

S

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/08 14:18

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn