Problem Email on expiration

14 years 3 months ago #120632 by alsab
Problem Email on expiration was created by alsab
Hello,

I have a problem with email on expiration.

"Email on first activation" and "Email at each manual renewal" work great.
But when the subscription is expired, the email is not send.

Do you know why?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #120637 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Problem Email on expiration
Is the email expiring via time running out or because the subscription was canceled by the user or an admin; there's a difference in the two. The email also needs to be triggered (visit backend once every few days to ensure all emails trigger).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #120656 by alsab
Replied by alsab on topic Re:Problem Email on expiration
For to test the Email on expiration I used Regular Validity duration = 5mn.

This night I tried with Regular Validity duration = 8 hours, and it's work.

Is it normal?

14 years 3 months ago #120672 by krileon
alsab wrote:

For to test the Email on expiration I used Regular Validity duration = 5mn.

This night I tried with Regular Validity duration = 8 hours, and it's work.

Is it normal?

The duration was probably just too short for it to trigger the email. Typical durations for expiration emails should be at least 1 hour. Did you visit CBSubs backend immediately after the subscription expire to trigger the email?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/01/03 18:13

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #120781 by alsab
Replied by alsab on topic Re:Problem Email on expiration
Hi,
I did new tests.

There is something I don't understand:

The user receive "email on expiration" only if he connects to the site after the subscription is expired.
If he doesn't connect to the site, the email is not send.

Why? It is not logical.

Is it possible to add in the future a system who sent "email on expiration", for example, 1 month, 2 weeks, 1 week, 1 day before the expiration. It will be better for to inform the user.

Thanks

14 years 3 months ago #120797 by krileon
Please read my previous posts, the emails need to be triggered. This is done by the user logging in or an administrator visiting CBSubs in the backend. I advise clicking to backend every now and again to trigger emails. It is not possible to set it to be automatic or to send in advance, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn