[SOLVED] Communication Error with Paypal Sandbox IPN

13 years 6 months ago #141737 by ecoweb
I am testing on a CB Subs 1.03 and CB 1.2.3 sandbox site trying to process payments via a Paypal sandbox account. I have set up Paypal business account and the CB Subs Paypal Gateway as specified in the Cb Subs User Guide. I am not using an encrypted form (issues that has been raised separately) just a plain text one.

I can initiate a paypal transaction and it will be processed and completed in paypal but when returned to the site a message is shown:

Sorry no response for your payment from payment server (error ). Please check your email and status later.
No suitable basket found.

The Paypal IN history will show repeated attempts at an IPN but it always fails with a 500 error.

URL is:

www.sri-connect.com/sandbox/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&user=65&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpaidsubscriptionsmethod

Message is:

mc_gross=10.00&invoice=N1385284080252448&protection_eligibility=Ineligible&payer_id=2TBSMMF34VGTS&tax=0.00&payment_date=06:34:56 Sep 09, 2010 PDT&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&first_name=Test&mc_fee=0.54&notify_version=3.0&custom=1&payer_status=verified&business=admin_1284037237_biz@eco-consultants.co.uk&quantity=1&verify_sign=AFDpAEKBa7-6PBz.uKZJhJxL0KbIA1mSUu-KxDLtTHRzxxS55eso2kyK&payer_email=brian_1284037083_per@eco-consultants.co.uk&txn_id=5CK81429F68349244&payment_type=instant&last_name=User&receiver_email=admin_1284037237_biz@eco-consultants.co.uk&payment_fee=&receiver_id=EY8T28CY3MXZ6&txn_type=web_accept&item_name=Test Subscriber for ourbrian&mc_currency=GBP&item_number=S1-65-1&residence_country=GB&test_ipn=1&handling_amount=0.00&transaction_subject=1&payment_gross=&shipping=0.00

There is a basket showing in the backend for the transaction and there is a notification showing against the transaction which when you go to the notification screen is showing as type=web_accept status=Completed.

The user is registered but showing as being Unpaid.

In the CB Subs History Log there is an Error log entry which says :

Paypal: Error at notification received: could not reach Paypal gateway for notification check at www.sandbox.paypal.com. COMMUNICATION ERROR

I have checked that there should be no firewall issues and that is shown because the communication with paypal is working as the transaction was initiated and processed.

The Paypal Sandbox accounts have Payment Review and Negative Test Mode disabled and are standard Pre-configured accounts for a standard Seller and a Buyer.

Can you give any ideas why the transaction is failing to return to a completed payment and record as paid on CB Subs? I am presuming that Paypal Sandbox processes IPN's normally. despite it having an IPN testing tool I cannot see anything that says IPN's will not be processed when doing normal Sandbox testing.

I have looked through the foums and can see some IPN issues but none that solve my problem.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/02 21:29

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #141743 by krileon
It would seam there is problems reaching your server from Paypal. Are you on a live site? Have you properly configured your IPN URL. Please note example.com/ does NOT equal www.example.com/. Your IPN MUST match the site you're purchasing from so if you're at example.com/ then use example.com/ as your IPN URL. Please also check that ports 80 and 443 are open.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #141805 by ecoweb
I have double checked both the IPN and PDT site addresses in my Paypal Sandbox account. I have tried it with both www.sri-connect.com/sandbox and www.sri-connect.com/sandbox/ (in case the "/" at end makes a difference). Problem is still the same.

Is the use of a sub folder i.e./sandbox likely to have any effect? Obviously I am using a testing copy of my site and have installed it in this sub-folder.

I have checked via an online port scanner that I can communicate with ports 80 and 443 at the ip addresses (2) of my server.

Previously I've been looking at the error message in Paypal IPN History and the History in CB Subs. I've listed these in earlier posts I noticed an error showing in the Notifications section of CB Subs

From what I can see of the sequence of events the IPN is being received at my site and processed OK, the communication error is actually on ending a PDT response back to paypal sandbox, which I presume is stopping CB Subs completing the transaction. Error type is:

PDT payment gateway communication error

Raw data for the COMMUNICATION ERROR:
$_GET=array (
'tx' => '25S545501X992950T',
'st' => 'Completed',
'amt' => '10.00',
'cc' => 'GBP',
'cm' => '5',
'item_number' => 'S5-69-1',
'option' => 'com_comprofiler',
'task' => 'pluginclass',
'user' => '69',
'plugin' => 'cbpaidsubscriptions',
'cbpaidsubscriptionsmethod' => 'paypal',
'cbpaidsubscriptionsgacctno' => '1',
'cbpaidsubscriptionspdtback' => 'fc487fa086b0ab0ae4e1d5fd2c6bd742',
'cbpaidsubscriptionsbasket' => '5',
'result' => 'success',
'cbpid' => 'cbp4c89dbf7d90eb516962628',
'Itemid' => '2',
'merchant_return_link' => 'Return to Brian Wade\\\'s Test Store',
'form_charset' => 'UTF-8',
);
$_POST=array (
);
$error='';
$status='0';
$transaction_info=''

It is most likely something simple and obvious but as yet I cannot see anything in my settings at Paypal Sandbox or CB Subs which is not as specified in the User Guide. Any further suggestions?

13 years 6 months ago #141850 by krileon
Looks like a misconfiguration sandbox account. We don't cover sandbox installations however. Standard installations via Paypal are a lot less complicated. You need to ensure your sandbox account isn't set to private and that you're using a business account as necessary for the sandbox payment gateway. You'll also want to try using Merchant ID instead of Email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142221 by ecoweb
I have used the preconfigured sandbox set-up i.e. just setup a merchant seller account and a buyer account with the paypal sandbox pre-configured options. Has CB Subs been tested on these settings?

The only extra complications with sandbox is that they have a "wrapper" account from which you access e-mails and your test paypal accounts, these accounts are configured identically to normal paypal accounts. I have double/triple checked that I have followed the CB Subs User Guide in setting up Paypal seller account and the CBSubs parameters correctly. (Note: nothing in the user guide mentions setting up paypal API Access but that is one of the menu items in the Paypal Seller Profile. Does anything need to be done to set up API Access for CB Subs?)

I tried using Merchant ID and the result was the same.

I also tried turning PDT off on the account. This did change what happened in that the following message did not appear on returning to the site:

Sorry no response for your payment from payment server (error ). Please check your email and status later.

No suitable basket found.

No PDT error was shown in the Notifications. But the user is still shown as not having paid and the IPN error in the History is still showing, as is the retry/error at the Paypal Sandbox account end.

I'm not sure what you meant by "We don't cover sandbox installations however" as the option to select linking to a sandbox account is within the software and I presume CB Subs has been tested to successfully access Paypal Sandbox accounts.

If I set this up to process actual small payments via a live Paypal site will you provide greater support in diagnosing any errors in that set-up?

13 years 6 months ago #142316 by krileon
Yes CBSubs has been tested working on Paypal sandbox. Am no sure how you've configured your account but something is failing. Have you checked your IPN History log within your sandbox seller account? Please also check your server access logs to check that the requests are made/received.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn