[SOLVED] Communication Error with Paypal Sandbox IPN

13 years 6 months ago #142859 by ecoweb
Do you have a direct email I could use to send credentials rahter than post them on the open forum? Email me via my account email if you wish.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #142861 by nant
ecoweb wrote:

Do you have a direct email I could use to send credentials rahter than post them on the open forum? Email me via my account email if you wish.

Just visit Kyle's profile here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,172474/

and send him a private message with credentials.

13 years 6 months ago #142991 by krileon
Please explain your hosting situation. Your site appears to be extremely slow which will force Paypal to timeout and communication will fail. It is impossible for me to properly navigate to administration (still loading after 10-20 minutes) and review your configuration. Please ensure you're using a host that is capable of handling a Joomla + CB + CBSubs site. Especially if on free hosting then I can not help you as it is not sufficient for CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #143046 by ecoweb
Sorry Kyle you caught a particularly bad time to access the site. The host is a 2gb VPS site but earlier today they updated some vmwaretools which caused a conflict in vmware configuration which killed the site

The problem is fixed now so if you can try again I'd be grateful.

13 years 5 months ago #143063 by krileon
Have cleared and disabled caching, installed cbsubsbot (you did not have this installed and is required), reconfigured payment gateway, adjusted links correctly in Paypal account. Purchases seam to be going through perfectly fine now. However Paypal site itself appears to be temperamental and 500 erroring ON Paypals site itself. So issues could have nothing further to do with your installation, but Paypal itself.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #143139 by ecoweb
Sorry Kyle but I cannot see how you can say purchases seem to be going through fine. From what I can see on the logs when you were testing you were still generating the IPN Communication Errors in the History log and the user subscription was still not being marked as paid and no payments are appearing in the Payments page.

On the Paypal side the IPN History is still showing that they have failed after a number of retries.

Did you get any transaction that completed by processing the IPN and giving a successful notification on the sri-connect site that payment was complete and the user subscription is marked as paid? Or did you always get "Sorry no response for your payment from payment server (error ). Please check your email and status later.
No suitable basket found."

I've retried transactions this morning and the results are exactly the same as before.

The same point of failure still exists and this is when CB Subs tries to communicate back to Paypal after receiving an IPN.

I have looked through the IPN Guide at cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_admin_IPNIntro#id091F0M006Y4 and can see that after CB Subs receives an IPN it must send back a _notify-validate with (according to Paypal documentations) the exact same fields as received in the IPN in the same order. Paypal will then send back a VERIFIED or INVALID response.

As far as I can see from reading the documentation and the x.com developer site a 500 error at Paypal is just an indication that the correct response to an IPN has not been made.

In the CB Subs code is there any more specific error code identifying what is meant by a "Communication Error" - this description of the error is obviously coming from CB Subs. Does it just mean CB Subs has received a 500 error from paypal? If there was a list of what would cause a "Communication Error" to be shown in CB Subs that may be helpful?

I did find a very similar issue of 500 errors on IPN at www.x.com/thread/42429?start=0&tstart=0 . This seems to imply that about March time a change to Paypal resulted in previously acceptable IPN responses being rejected (because of null return values it seems). I don't know if this has been experienced by any other users of CB Subs after that time (I presume you haven't on the joomlapolis site) or whether if you re-ran your testing of CB Subs it would occur but it does appear to provide a possible explanation.

However, to correct that problem (if it is the cause) or from what I can see any other problem would require code changes in CB Subs to modify how it communicates with Paypal. Obviously such code changes may not be a priority for you but I would be interested to know if there was a way to get this done.

The error has occurred on three different sets of Paypal accounts (2 in Sandbox and 1 on live Paypal) and on two joomla sites (the one I have some code mods in and the "clean" Sandbox site you accessed) so although there may be something I am doing wrong and that you missed I am stuck to think of what it is or what other parameter changes could be made.

This site will launch soon and I need to have a working mechanism for taking credit and debit card payments. If necessary my client will pay for a working authorisation to be written for a UK payment processing organisation (or for someone to debug CB Subs Paypal processing to identify problem) as I he will not want to use the US based Authorize.net or the Swiss based YellowPay. Who do I contact at Joomlapolis to discuss this further.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn