[SOLVED] table reaches maximum database

14 years 3 weeks ago #128914 by krileon
Your code change appears correct. You should receive basically a massive amount of errors when running CB Tools, it should then allow you to run a fix tool to convert all your fields to the newly specified type (text). Alternatively you can edit your database and manually change their type or by building a query to achieve the same results.

This is an issue we are looking to address in CB 2.0 to allow for more fields; as is approx. 100 is the maximum fields you'll be able to roughly achieve due to the limitations of MYSQL. Please note the type changes are NOT guaranteed. It is also HIGHLY recommend you create a backup before making such changes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #129307 by jakobe75
I get the errors on the dry run.

which is..to my understanding, the system trying to fix the errors and the displaying "sample" results.

Like the system saying "We tried to fix and this is what would happened if you continued".

Do you want to continue?

----

When you say 100 fields, is that before or after the code change?

Just my typical plugins equal almost 76 fields leaving less than 30 for user info on several different plans.

14 years 3 weeks ago #129318 by krileon

Like the system saying "We tried to fix and this is what would happened if you continued".

Correct, there should be a link to perform the fix. Please do so.

When you say 100 fields, is that before or after the code change?

Before, after the fix in theory depending on the type and how many KBs each takes should be able to achieve potentially 1,000 fields; don't really know for sure, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 weeks ago #129329 by jakobe75
hmmm....

I already undid my changes and will have to redo them again to test the dry run.

The button did say something like
"do a dry run to see the expected results of the fix...."

Which I did,
and mine still spat out red errors.

and yes I believe there was an option to continue the fix, but it was not clear that the RED results of the dry run would be repaired.

I would assume that if the system could fix the errors that this would be reflected or noted in the dry run.

if it could not then it would show red.
(as it did)

Having a dry run system that showed red errors that it would still fix, kinda defeats the purpose of a dry run...?

How would you know if the errors were real or not?

14 years 3 weeks ago #129331 by jakobe75
Okay so I tried again and this is what is gives me

a ton of red errors like

B fields data storage Database structure differences:
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_businessname type is text instead of being prefixed by "sql:"
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_streetaddress type is text instead of being prefixed by "sql:"
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_city type is text instead of being prefixed by "sql:"
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_clubcountry type is text instead of being prefixed by "sql:"
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_postalcode type is text instead of being prefixed by "sq

then this at the bottom
The CB fields data storage database structure differences can be fixed (adjusted) by clicking here: Click here to Fix (adjust) all CB fields data storage database differences listed above (you can also Click here to preview fixing (adjusting) queries in a dry-run), but in all cases you need to backup database first as this adjustment is changing the database structure to match the needed structure for the installed version.

after running a dry run
I get this all in red

CB fields data storage Database adjustments errors:
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_businessname type is text instead of being prefixed by "sql:"
CBSQLupgrader::changeColumn of Table #__comprofiler Column cb_businessname failed because the column type text could not be determined (not starting with sql:).
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_streetaddress type is text instead of being prefixed by "sql:"
CBSQLupgrader::changeColumn of Table #__comprofiler Column cb_streetaddress failed because the column type text could not be determined (not starting with sql:).
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_city type is text instead of being prefixed by "sql:"
CBSQLupgrader::changeColumn of Table #__comprofiler Column cb_city failed because the column type text could not be determined (not starting with sql:).
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_clubcountry type is text instead of being prefixed by "sql:"
CBSQLupgrader::changeColumn of Table #__comprofiler Column cb_clubcountry failed because the column type text could not be determined (not starting with sql:).
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_postalcode type is text instead of being prefixed by "sql:"

and this text at the bottom.

Dry-run of CB fields data storage database adjustments done. None of the queries listed in details have been performed.

The database adjustments listed above can be applied by clicking here: Click here to Fix (adjust) all database differences listed above. You need to backup database first as this fixing/adjusting is changing the database structure to match the needed structure for the installed version.

but
nothing here indicates that performing the fix will give me the successful fix.

14 years 2 weeks ago #129377 by krileon

nothing here indicates that performing the fix will give me the successful fix.

Please perform the fix, you can not reduce column size within your database table without changing the columns type to something that consumes less KBs. Some columns MAY require manual changing, but most should fix via CB Tools. Otherwise please just continue to use as is with the limit of approx. 100 fields. This is currently the only option for attempting to resolve this issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.416 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn