[SOLVED] Two Login Forms - still

13 years 11 months ago #133506 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Two Login Forms - still

To maintain your credibility, CB needs to provide its own plugin to do this. It's not fair to your users to leave them to track this down by themselves.

CB has no need to provide this it self. CBSubs will handles this, NUMEROUS available plugins on Joomla.org will handles this, the list goes on. It requires a Joomla plugin to be installed, which CB does not come with.

Joomla has made users well lazy in this respect, it's simple and easy, but when things require slight work a user has a falling out and generally they land here. Please keep in mind a website is work and does take time as well as some knowledge of web development.

At the very least you could point us to some specific plugins that you have found to work.

Core Login Redirect
Force CB Registration and Password reminder Plugin
Disable Core Registration

This list continues, it simply takes some time (in this case 3 minutes) searching JED .

Disabling of two logins won't happen, you've the login module to the right. You then have the login PAGE within the component view. This is displayed when trying to access a page only Registered users may access, but are not logged in. Whether it displays Joomla or CBs plugin form is dependent on whether you've a plugin installed to handle the redirect or not.

It just shouldn't be this difficult.

It is difficult, simply install an extension and you're done. Extensions provided above. Trial and error with one that fits your needs.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/19 19:38

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #133524 by Uther
Replied by Uther on topic Re:Two Login Forms - still
I disabled "Disable Core Registration", which I already had installed as per your previous advice, and tried "Core Login Redirect". Neither of these plugins, by themselves, helped with the problem.

krileon wrote:

Disabling of two logins won't happen, you've the login module to the right. You then have the login PAGE within the component view. This is displayed when trying to access a page only Registered users may access, but are not logged in. Whether it displays Joomla or CBs plugin form is dependent on whether you've a plugin installed to handle the redirect or not.

Aha! Now I'm seeing the light. What you are telling me is that I've been seeing two CB login forms! I thus went to the CB Login module and removed it from the hidden menu I had created as part of CB Installation to point to the CB User Profile. It now works! Admittedly the single login form I'm left with is on the left rather than the right but I can live with this.

Many thanks.

Since there are quite a few of those double login pages out there it might be worth putting this solution in your FAQ.

PS. As an afterthought I disabled "Core Login Redirect" and made sure I had no redirection plugins installed. The problem did not reappear suggesting that:
a) I've been looking at two CB Login Forms all the time.
b) A redirection plugin is not necessary to the resolution of this "two logins" problem.

Regards and thanks again,

Uther

Uther Parx

13 years 6 months ago #144440 by jleder
Replied by jleder on topic Re:[SOLVED] Two Login Forms - still
I found a possible solution to the dual-login issue. Uther's last post helped point me in the right direction. The steps are as follows:

1. Access the "Menu Manager"
2. Click the "Edit Menu Item(s)" button for your main menu
3. Click "New" to add another item to the links
4. Select "Internal Link > Community Builder > Login Page"
5. Give the item a Title (Login) and Alias (Login)
6. CRUCIAL: Set the Access Level to "Special"
7. Save your changes
8. Access the "Module Manager"
9. Locate "mod_cblogin" and click to edit it
10. Under "Menu Assignment", click "Select Menu Item(s) from the List"
11. Select ALL of the menu items EXCEPT the new "Login" item

Done!

Now there should only be one login form on any given page, and the "Login" menu item should never show up in the main menu because it's Access Level is set to "Special".

I hope that helps! ;)

NOTE: I have not had a chance to test this with timeouts yet, so please post any experiences you have with them or with this workaround in general.

13 years 3 months ago #150742 by belymed
Replied by belymed on topic Re:Two Login Forms - still
I'm running on the same issue. When the login fails I get two login forms in my page: one Cb login and the joomla one (joomla login form is disabled).

I upgraded CB to 1.3.1 and I have 1.5.22 joomla version.

I tried plg_redirect_failed_login and lot of other plugins, none of them seems to work for me....

Any thoughts please!!!!

13 years 3 months ago #150776 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Two Login Forms - still

belymed wrote: I'm running on the same issue. When the login fails I get two login forms in my page: one Cb login and the joomla one (joomla login form is disabled).

I upgraded CB to 1.3.1 and I have 1.5.22 joomla version.

I tried plg_redirect_failed_login and lot of other plugins, none of them seems to work for me....

Any thoughts please!!!!

This is still my prefered solution to ensure I never display the Joomla login component: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/112-cb-122-general-discussion/126563-base64-login-redirect-not-working?limit=6&start=18#132612

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn