HTTP 500 Server Error

13 years 3 months ago #149782 by upmm019
HTTP 500 Server Error was created by upmm019
Wondering if someone can help steer me in the right direction to solve a server 500 error.

I have CB 1.2.2 installed.

When I login using the CB login module and then click to go view my profile I get the Sever 500 Error.

The url is listed as:

www.mywebsite.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&Itemid=97

Seems to be a good url but it just does not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:HTTP 500 Server Error

I have CB 1.2.2 installed.

Please upgrade to CB 1.3.1 and confirm if issue still present. You're several versions out of date. Please also check your Joomla version to ensure running latest (1.5.22).

If issue still present after upgrade please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration. Once done re-test the URL and review any on-screen errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149785 by upmm019
Replied by upmm019 on topic Re:HTTP 500 Server Error
Yeah, I see it is outdated.

that said I am not too savy at updates.

For CB how does one upgrade and do I have to just upgrade the component or everything including modules, etc.?

Just need to understand this part.

I know how to do the joomla upgrade which I am on version 18 so I am a few behind.

13 years 3 months ago #149795 by krileon

For CB how does one upgrade and do I have to just upgrade the component or everything including modules, etc.?

If you're on Joomla 1.5.x then simple install CB 1.3.1 via Joomlas extension manager as if you were installing it for the first time. It will automatically upgrade your CB installation. You'll need to install the modules as well to ensure login module, etc.. are of CB 1.3.1 release, but are painless to upgrade if on Joomla 1.5.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149798 by upmm019
Replied by upmm019 on topic Re:HTTP 500 Server Error
Kyle thanks for the information.

one last question....

the modules ... do I have to uninstall and reinstall or can I do the same as the com and install just as if it were a new module install??

13 years 3 months ago #149802 by krileon

the modules ... do I have to uninstall and reinstall or can I do the same as the com and install just as if it were a new module install??

If on Joomla 1.5.x you simply install as if you're installing for the first time and they'll too auto-upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn